PDA

View Full Version : Handling

Handling

kxv
08-28-2002, 08:21 AM
Sorry if I have duplicated a past poll.

Neil
08-28-2002, 08:55 AM
Well I don't handle mine every day but I do handle more than once a week so I didn't really know which part to tick. I give my corns three days after eating before I hold them then I usually hold them that same day and the next two days before feeding again. It's not like I have a schedule or anything- It just works out that way.

kxv
08-28-2002, 09:28 AM
My thought was pick the category that seems to fit best. Neil, sounds like your a weekly to me (less than daily but more than a few times a month).
Thanks!

Neil
08-28-2002, 10:08 AM
Ahhh, that's what I thought.

bmm
08-28-2002, 10:45 AM
I handle them when I need too. Moving cages, cleaning, feeding, etc. And maybe once in a blue moon I will hold my snow corn Loki (first snake) for some time out for fun.

But other than that, no holding. But it is a testimony about how placid and calm cornsnakes are because even though they hardly ever get held, they are calm as can be!

bmm

Simon
08-28-2002, 12:11 PM
I hold all of mine for around once a week on average.....
I but this is because I have more than 90 snakes....so basically taking a few out each day....to handle them and tame them....if I were to hold all of them on the same day.....I would think that it would take too long....even each spending a min with them would take me at least an hour and half....and more...cause I have more than 90...LOL...

Rainey
08-29-2002, 08:29 PM
I handle mine almost everyday. I don't handle them for 2 days after they have eaten, but other than that, I hold her lots and she's so affectionate!

Rainey

Kevin M
08-29-2002, 09:45 PM
I pretty much handle all my snakes to some degree everyday. Some more than others...

Kilojara16
08-29-2002, 11:47 PM
Lately I haven't been handling my baby much (she's going though shedding right now). I only hold her for 10-20 mins. a day after she's eaten and pooped, so 4 days a week? She's become a lot more calm since I first held her. She struggles a little when I first pick her up, but then wraps around my hand and kind of explores.