PDA

View Full Version : Taking corns outside? (for a walk I guess?)

Taking corns outside? (for a walk I guess?)

nicky
04-10-2002, 05:47 PM
hey everyone,
well here in ontario springs finally here! Yeah! Well either or I was wondering today as i took my cousins dog for a walk( A big boxer) I was thinking about how beutiful it was out and thought about my corn and thought geez it would be nice to let my corn come outside with me and sit down in the front or something and sit down and let experince the breez.

But then I'm like wait think off the risks and I'm at a dead and so i figured I'd turn to you guys and so Here my question if it's a nice day should I take him out? Like what are the risk? I know about escaping but my corn very calm and we live on a preety quite street so there wouldn't be any noise from cars. I wouldn't take him out if it wasen't warm enough but do any of you take your corn outside?

just curious?

Simon
04-10-2002, 06:13 PM
Actually I have heard a long time ago that taking corns out for a sun bath makes the color of the corn better......I am not too sure about this.

There aren't much risks in taking your corn out. Make sure that you keep an eye on it. I would think that the only risk there is to this is your neighbours........there are few cases when someone opened the his door for a salesperson (woman), she started screaming and said that she would sue that corn owner.......even though she failed during the trial......it was still a mess......but then other than that I don't really see that much problem in taking your corn out. Just don't let it bath in the sun for way too long.....it might cause it to dehydrate....

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

Kevin M
04-10-2002, 06:20 PM
I take my corns out whenever I feel like. I also have some very cool neighbors flanking my house so that helps. The children on my block love it. I'm not sure how far out I'd venture in public with my corns though. Dont know how passersby will react. Other than if a corn escaped I dont see any risk with taking your favorite corn out on a nice warm, sunny day.

-Kev

B-J@y
04-10-2002, 06:27 PM
how about parasites???

I mean... everywhere i look, ask read... there are these warnings about parasites.... isn't it dangerous outside for the snakes????

Elaphe_Mo
04-11-2002, 08:40 AM
I take mine outside every once in a while for little "walks." I also worry about parasites and usually don't let them run around in the yard, just carry them with me while sitting outside or walking around.

And definitely be careful about other people's reactions. In some places you will be held responsible if your snake scares someone and causes them trauma. I usually don't stray too far from home with mine.

Missymonkey
04-11-2002, 03:26 PM
snakes can't walk though, they have no feet...

Kevin M
04-11-2002, 05:46 PM
Gotta be honest. When i take my corns out I usually keep them on me or in the pocket of one of my shirts (If theyre small enough). I very very rarely let them slither around on the ground. So to make a long answer short (too late) I dont worry about parasites when I take them out.

-Kev

nicky
04-11-2002, 08:15 PM
ok guys thanks,
so basiclly olny let my friends on my block see my corn stay away from other people and don't let him slither on the ground cuz of parisites Got it! thanx.oh one more question how warm should it be out? Today here in mississauga it was around15(c) is that warm enough for my corn?

Simon
04-12-2002, 06:03 PM
Well I would say that temp is alright together with the sun shine. But don't go for too long, as you or it might catch a cold.

Good luck and happy Herping!

StevesBro
04-14-2002, 04:16 PM
i always take my snakes out when its in the high 80's/low 90's,, they love it.. I let them crawl around on the driveway but try to keep them out to of the grass and scenery.. Only thing I am scared of are hawks and other big birds flying over thinking my snake would be a nice treat, and they could have it before you can say oh shioot!

Simon
04-14-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by StevesBro
i I let them crawl around on the driveway

letting them crawl on the driveway? wouldn't that be too dirty for them? I mean yes in the wild they do that, but then they are no longer in the wild.......I would say that its a bit dirty and parasites and other things might be picked up when it's crawling on the dirveway. Just a little though....not trying to cause a war here....

Good Luck and Happy Herping!:D