PDA

View Full Version : something wrong with my corns water bowl???

something wrong with my corns water bowl???

nicky
04-10-2002, 05:59 PM
hey everyone I'm wondering,
k I switch my corns water 2 a day. The problem is it's always empty about 20 mins after i change it!! I know as a fact my corn dosen't drink that much.I checked for leaks but nothing? Whats going on??? Any help apperciated.

CornsnakeKeeper
04-10-2002, 06:06 PM
Is he tipping it? The bedding will soak it up.

LizS
04-10-2002, 06:07 PM
Just to verify: if you fill the bowl and leave it outside the cage the water stays in, but if you fill it and put it in the cage the water leaves? Is there anything touching the water that could siphon it out through capillary activity? Have you tried hiding and watching the bowl for the 20 min after you put it in the tank? Is the bowl large enough to hold the snake's mass without spilling over?

nicky
04-10-2002, 07:01 PM
well,
I never thought of that stuff but I'll try it I'lll keep it updated thanx

Snakebite001
06-13-2002, 01:12 PM
make sure u havent put it in the HOT side on the tank..!!!

Jimmy C.
06-13-2002, 02:13 PM
Hey Nicky,
What is the water container made of? If it is a clay saucer it will absorbe the water in no time. Just a thought..
Jimmy

ERJ
06-13-2002, 02:28 PM
I had this problem too a while ago. I found my corn was knocking over the metel thin water bowl (but not so quickly) and also with me mine wasn't ALL gone so i think you have some other poblem (but maybe this also). If it's not ceramic then get a ceramic bowl. Otherwise i'd of thought you would be putting it in the hot area (quick to evapourate in 20mins still).
I would understand a few hours but i'm not sure whats wrong. Hope you fix it.
ERJ