PDA

View Full Version : I'm so happy!! Finicky eater finally eating regularly!

I'm so happy!! Finicky eater finally eating regularly!

wildernessey
09-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Well, my one baby who loved to skip meals on me was finally able to graduate up to fuzzies and has eaten every meal in a row for the last three weeks!! :cheers: :crazy02:
Shew! He made me quite nervous for a while.
I knew he'd get to eating as he's terribly healthy, just a little picky. I would have to feed him in a deli cup inside his drawer. The cramped quarters seemed to be highly effective at coercing him to eat.
Initially, I would brain a pinkie. Then I got to where I wouldn't have to do that. And now finally he's on fuzzies and eating me out of house and home.
Thank god I didn't sell alll my snakes. I really do love them!

I've also recently acquired a very large male snow who has nice orangish color saddles. He was a pet store rescue. Couldn't help myself. :rolleyes:

Now all I have to do is find my escaped Shelby! He's a Shelbyville Retile Expo purchase (hence the name). A male anery and GOD was he getting to be a big beautiful boy!!!
My son left his drawer cracked ever so slightly and viola! snake out the door.
With all luck, he'll turn back up, but it's been a month and I'm convinced I may never see him again.
I'm putting out some fuzzies tonight in an attempt to lure him out of hiding.....we'll see how well that works!!

See what fun I've been having since I haven't been on here posting?!! LOL!
I missed you guys terribly!!!

Bubbles
09-09-2005, 11:56 AM
well done congrats wish my little truble maker would eat regualy lol oh well i can hope i guess.

Rorryy
09-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Please post pics if you can. I would love to see your rescued orphan. Congrats on your eater and good luck with your lost boy! :crazy02:

wildernessey
09-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Bubbles, I think your little guy will eat regularly. I was really concerned for a long time. Mine would skip and only eat about every third meal, which stressed me out terribly, but he never regurged or seemed lathargic or sick so I just tried not to worry and hung in there.
Once they get going, they really get going!!! LOL!

Rorryy, I have to go to a meeting this evening, so I'll try to get you a pic up late tonight or early tomorrow morning before my son's soccer game. If I don't get it up don't worry, I won't forget about you!
Keep in mind tho, I seem to have terrible luck at getting good pictures of snows so I'll do my best. I hope his colors show up well. And he's a biiiiiggg boy to boot!!!