• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How soon is too soon?

zwyatt

FutureTransitionalFossil
Okay so I have two hatchlings that aren't eating. The one main thing I haven't tried are live pinkies. I was able to find some live at the local pet store that look like they should be small enough. But that last time I offered food was just this Wednesday. Is offering live today/tonight just too soon. They have refuse 3 and 4 meals respectively. Usually 4-5 days apart with the last one being after 5 days of solitude for them to settle down. I'm just not sure if I'll be able to find any live pinkies (the size I need) again next week. :shrugs:

Any opinions?

zwyatt said:
Okay so I have two hatchlings that aren't eating. The one main thing I haven't tried are live pinkies. I was able to find some live at the local pet store that look like they should be small enough. But that last time I offered food was just this Wednesday. Is offering live today/tonight just too soon. They have refuse 3 and 4 meals respectively. Usually 4-5 days apart with the last one being after 5 days of solitude for them to settle down. I'm just not sure if I'll be able to find any live pinkies (the size I need) again next week. :shrugs:

Any opinions?

Under normal circumstances, I'd say wait a day or two. But you should give it a shot while the pinks are alive, which means tonight.

:-offtopic

Way off topic but Roy I love the snake you have as your ID. What morph is that? BEAUTIFUL :D

Preita said:
:-offtopic

Way off topic but Roy I love the snake you have as your ID. What morph is that? BEAUTIFUL :D

Thanks. I just changed it moments ago, so I'm not sure which one you mean. The head-shot pic I just got rid of was a hypo-bloodred, the new body-shot pic is a lavender bloodred (some are calling this morph "plasma").

Thanks, Roy. That was what I was thinking. I hadn't planned on trying again until next Wednesday, but thought it might not hurt to try tonight. I figure if the live are going to entice them to eat then it probably wont matter that it was only two days ago.

WOOHOO! Just put my little caramel in with a live pinky and she was on it in under a minute! Hopefully it won't be too big for her. At least I know something will make her eat. Now I've just got to try with the butter.

I've a butter female that was like that! No eating dead pinkies, but immediately on a living one! After 3 times eating living, I gave her a warmed pinkie from the freezer and since then she eats as good as my others. Guess she had to get used to her new environment first... I've read that it just does happen sometimes, no worries about it!

Back