PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly stopped eating

Suddenly stopped eating

jezzec
09-09-2005, 11:01 PM
I have a 2 year old cornsnake who has always eaten once a week, but has refused to eat for the last month, is there any reason he would be doing this? Is there anything I could do to get him to eat? Should I not be worried? Any help would be much appreciated.

Bubbles
09-10-2005, 10:05 AM
relax corns can live a long time without food i have had tones of feeding problems with this one snake i have.

first of all what are you feeding the snake and how big is the snake?

secondly do you feed it in or out of the viv?

your best bet is to leave the food in with the snake over night see if it eats it. if not get a pin and poke a bike in the mice's head this might make the snake eat.

if none of them work combind the 2 pin in head and leave in over night with the snake?

also the snake could be due to shead this is anouther thing that can cause a problem.

try feeding him again leave him / her a few days and try again dont try every day it could just put the snake off even more.

also try to cut down handeling if none of the above work the snake could be stressed.

jezzec
09-10-2005, 10:16 AM
My cornsnake is about 3 feet long, and i feed him frozen mice. I've already tried leaving the mouse with him all night, and have also tried with poking the mouse. Nothing seems to work.

ghosthousecorns
09-10-2005, 10:43 AM
I've had a male go off his food for 3 months because of breeding season, he will be fine- they don't have to eat every week. I think you should leave the snake alone for a week before you try again. Since you feed him once a week he is probably just not hungry or possibly in shed.