PDA

View Full Version : Overweight?

Overweight?

SnakeAround
09-11-2005, 09:43 AM
Hi, my corn form 2004 measures 60 cm (almost 2 feet) and weighs 61 grams today. At 21/7 of this year he weighted 40 grams and was about 50 cm I think (didn't write it down bavk then). I'm happy he's eating and growing fine, but when I look at his belly, the checkered part seems very 'tight' compared to the total surface; from below you actually can see his sides. I hope the pics (from my cell phone, camera not available at the moment) clarifies what I mean. I have the idea that most other corns belly's look 'flat' and not 'rounded''. Is my corn too fat? I've added a side shot of the tail and a dorsal view.

SnakeAround
09-11-2005, 09:44 AM
By the way; he as on 2 fuzzies every 6 days, since 2 days he's on one hopper every six days.

MegF.
09-11-2005, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't worry too much. At a young age they spend most of their time growing so obesity is not a real issue until they get to be closer to adults. I hopper a week should suffice, along with regular handling so they get some exercise.

SnakeAround
09-11-2005, 04:56 PM
So you think a hopper every 7 days suffices? I do handle him every day, so exercise is no problem. Actually I really have to exercise him because he's a darn lazy corn, really never cruises around the viv (at least not when I'm around and he's not shy or picky when I pick him up)... only for going to one hide to another. Always when I'm not around of course to see it.

MegF.
09-11-2005, 08:04 PM
That's plenty until he is looking around for more food the same day, or within one day. Then you can think about increasing. He actually is probably out without you knowing it after it gets nice and quiet.

SnakeAround
09-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Tnx, I decided to scale him down to a hopper every 7 days instead of 6.