PDA

View Full Version : dead baby

dead baby

HerpsforU
09-11-2005, 10:33 PM
I purchased four corns from someone and one died from not eating. Another died today about four hours after I added water to his/her container. It is the only one of the four who has eaten at all. Its container is a shoebox sized rubbermaid with air holes in the sides and lid. What could have caused an eating baby to die? any clues. Thanks in advance. I don't want the other two to die any suggestions would be appreciated.

babbaloo99
09-12-2005, 12:18 AM
Does the snake have any source of heat?

MegF.
09-12-2005, 12:57 AM
And are they all in seperate containers?

HerpsforU
09-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Yes there is a UTH in each draw covered by a towel so that it is not directly on the rubbermaid shoeboxes. And each snake has its own shoebox, that is why I didn't know what would have done him/her in, since the one that died was the one that has eaten for me twice now. Substrate is papertowel with a small water dish (holds approx 2 oz. of water) I mist once a day to make sure they have water in their bowls. I don't know what else I could have done? I read alot of info before purchasing corns and I thought I had understood all of the information on care, feeding, handling, etc. I only handle every other day and only for very short periods of time and never right after feeding (I always wait at least 48 hours after feeding). thanks again for any help.

Roy Munson
09-13-2005, 01:21 PM
What were the temperatures in the tubs?

Tracee
09-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Have you asked the person/place you bought them from if they now know of any problems that batch had?

Are or were there any other symptoms that would lead you to believe something was wrong?

How long have you had them, and how long have the remaining two gone without food?

HerpsforU
09-14-2005, 12:55 PM
The temp is staying at about 80-85 degewws. The person I bought them from said that he had no problems getting any of them to eat and no health issues...so far the only one that has eaten for me is the one that just died. The babies have been here with me for almost four weeks...he (the person I bought them from) is going to replace the crimson that died a week ago (which I thought was nice since his guarantee is only for 24 hours). I don't know both of the ones that died were smaller than my blizzard and crimsickle that I got from him...I don't know if that makes a difference...or not. Thank you for all of your help and advice.

HerpsforU
09-14-2005, 12:56 PM
That should have read The temp is staying at about 80-85 degrees, not degewws.

Roy Munson
09-14-2005, 01:08 PM
That should have read The temp is staying at about 80-85 degrees, not degewws.

I'm glad you clarified. If you convert the degewws to Fahrenheit degrees, your temps would have been in the thousands. :santa: