PDA

View Full Version : Rescued Corn

Rescued Corn

ozzy512
09-14-2005, 08:49 PM
HI, I obtained a corn snake hatchling this evening that had apparently tried to strike and rattled its tail at those who found it in their garage, although I'm doubting this since he was quite calm in my hand once i got him home. Seeing how we live in dayton, OH it is very unlikely that this wasn't someones that found a way out.
Unfortunately, the person who found it said something about their Akita dog got a hold of it to some degree. When I looked at him briefly, there appeared to be a few scales here and there that were slightly out of line, but other than that he appears to be OK. I set him up in a 10 gal tank with water and everything, should I do anything else? My room is almost a constant 80 degrees, so I don't have a UTH. (I'm sorta of scared to use a UTH, since I have read some places that the snake can be burnt by them?)
I"m planning on feeding him on Saturday when my other corn is due to be fed, since that will give this new snake a few days to settle in. Let me know if you have any other ideas on what to do or watch for. Thanks, and sorry for the long post!
-Robb

ashleynicole
09-14-2005, 10:06 PM
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24746