• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding

SilverTongue

Friend Of Gaia
Ok here is my question. I am not sure I am feeding my adult corn enough. I give him an adult mouse and he swallows it and searches for more. His diamater is about the size of a roll of US Quarters. You can not even see or feel a bulg in his belly. SHould I be feeding him rats and if so what size?

You could give him two mice of the size you've been feeding, try to get some larger mice (retired breeders) or feed a small rat. I'd try and get larger mice first. IMHO

I think most snakes search for more after eating because they are in 'eating mode'. You're definately not under-feeding your snake- The meal is just going to be easier to digest. If you're worried, however, find a very large mouse a small(ish) rat and use that 1.5 feeding rule.

As far as my adults go they'll eat anywhere from 1 to 3 adult mice or a small rat. If I dont see a noticable bulge and theyre still searching for food then they get more untill I'm satisfied.

But its not unusual for a slim adult corn to only eat say 1 adult mouse a week. I have several adults that only care for 1 mouse a week. It's all they want, So its all i give them.

I usally give mine 2 adult mouse every 10 days. Except one...where she is around the diameter of a looney......which is quite big and fat.....and I give her a mouse once a month to try to get her size down a bit....but interestingly.....she is still as fat as before.....never lost any weight.....but the good thing is she is still very active and looks very happy....

Back