PDA

View Full Version : shed stuck!

shed stuck!

stangugrl
09-21-2005, 03:13 PM
My sunglow that I recently purchased has some previous shed stuck on its tail...and the tip of it fell off! but theres still some stuck on the end. I have tried soaking and the shed-aid spray. What should I do?

Another concern....he/she hasn't ate in over a week and ahalf; should I be worried or not? :shrugs:

MegF.
09-22-2005, 10:25 AM
How long have you had the snake? If it's only a week or so, I wouldn't worry too much, especially if you've been handling her alot and she hasn't hd time to get used to her new home. As far as the shed, use a wet towel and hold it on the piece and then help her crawl thru it and rub it off. The lost tail tip can't be helped. I had the same thing on my amel when I bought him. His tail is just not sharply pointed that's all.

MastersHaven
09-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Hi stangugrl... another thing that will help with this shed and future sheds would be to add a moist hide to your viv... instead of going into alot of detail here on those you can see my prior post *w/ photo's* (link below) and also do a search on moist hides ...

hope this helps....

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24752&page=4&pp=10My sunglow that I recently purchased has some previous shed stuck on its tail...and the tip of it fell off! but theres still some stuck on the end. I have tried soaking and the shed-aid spray. What should I do?

Another concern....he/she hasn't ate in over a week and ahalf; should I be worried or not? :shrugs:

antsterr
09-27-2005, 11:38 AM
MegF, thanks for the wet paper towel idea, I just used it very successfully to remove the last inch and a half of skin off my 13 inch "Classic". He shed by rubbing against a rock and left his old skin in about 8 pieces and a hundred little flakes with everything from his vent down still on.
Thanks!

MegF.
09-27-2005, 11:40 AM
Sounds like a touch more humidity at shed time and he'll be fine. I usually just mist once a day and really soak the branches for them as soon as they go blue, until they shed. Works like a charm! Glad it's all off now.