PDA

View Full Version : How often should our baby eat?

How often should our baby eat?

maizey
09-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Well our snake finally ate a pinkie! My question is how often should we offer her a pinkie?

Info about her and her setup:
She is about 3/8" wide and I would guess 10-12" long, she is in a 10 gal tank with a uth reptile carpet to put a boundary between the glass and her. On top of the carpet is aspen shavings she has two hides one on the warm side one on the cool side, and a bend a branch.

viktoria333
09-27-2005, 12:49 PM
I am feeding my amels 1 pink every 5 days,although Scylla had two very small pinks for her last feeding so will not feed her for a week or so.This was my first at feeding two so was nervous of a regurge but so far so good!I would think that one pink every 5 days would be plenty for the next few weeks at least!Your snake should be eating mice that are up to 1.5 times the width at it's widest point or thereabouts.Hope this helps you!!!V

SnakeLuvrs
09-27-2005, 04:21 PM
I think VIK covered the feeding, but i would recomend you change your bedding to aspen, easier to clean, doesnt house as much bacteria, and your snake will love to burrow in it, therefore it acts as another hide... :)
good luck and enjoy

maizey
09-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Thank you for the feeding advice!!!

"SnakeLuvrs" Aspen shavings is what I said we use..... We have reptile carpet on the very bottom as a barrier from it touching the glass. Then about 1 1/2 - 2" of aspen shavings. Did i miss understand the advice

MegF.
09-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Sounds good to me as long as you aren't feeding on the substrate. Make sure to feed in a seperate container or put in some paper for them to feed off of to avoid substrate ingestion. Whether or not this is really a problem, I don't know, but I wouldn't risk a problem that won't exist if you feed in a seperate spot.

SnakeLuvrs
09-27-2005, 07:09 PM

"SnakeLuvrs" Aspen shavings is what I said we use..... We have reptile carpet on the very bottom as a barrier from it touching the glass. Then about 1 1/2 - 2" of aspen shavings. Did i miss understand the advice

no I read your post too quickly... LOL.. but do keep in mind the carpet holds a lot of bacteria.. but then again you have a uth? I use a lamp so i know nothing about uth's

SnakeLuvrs
09-27-2005, 07:10 PM

edit:

sorry for the confusion

maizey
09-28-2005, 03:08 PM
We do feed her in a rubbermaid container with paper towels down. I have a bearded dragon and from what I know about them I didn't want to risk feeding our corn on substrate due to impaction!

Thank you once again for all the helpful info.