PDA

View Full Version : Field Herping in Houston

Field Herping in Houston

emkovar
09-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Im down in Houston for the next week and a half. I was planning on going herping this weekend (if it dosn't rain). Any ideas on where to go in and around the Houston area??? Ill have a rental car this weekend so outside the city is alright too.

Thanks in advance

Ellen

CAV
09-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Too hot to find much of anything in Texas. This record heat wave has driven back fall herping at least a month.

TandJ
09-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Gary is your man for Texas feild herping.. If you were in my area I would take you around a bit.. Unfortunantly because things have been cooling down here the snakes are getting to be less and less..

Regards..

Mets38
09-28-2005, 09:13 PM
We are in Goliad, Texas and we have been seeing a lot of snakes. We found a nice kingsnake just the other night. I posted a pic in the general chit-chat.

emkovar
09-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Yeah i figured the heat would probably make herping a little more difficult. We were planning to go out in the evening, but then i realized that it's still damn hot, even after dark. So we may go out early in the morning when it's still cool.

Just wonder what area would be my best bet for herping, even if we don't find anything.