PDA

View Full Version : New To Forum and Corns

New To Forum and Corns

dbacker65
09-29-2005, 01:47 PM
I have been keeping boa's for a few years and decided to get a pair of Okeetee corns from a breeder in Florida. A friend of mine has two and they are beautiful animals.
I know with boa's one snake per cage (except breeding time of course) is the general rule. Is this the case with corn snakes? I have a 20 gallon tank with aspen bedding and heat on one side. Can I raise them up together or is it best to keep this male and female apart until I decide to breed them?
Can I keep them together for a short time and then separate them or should I just keep them apart in their own set ups?

Thanks All :cheers:

Roy Munson
09-29-2005, 01:49 PM
I have been keeping boa's for a few years and decided to get a pair of Okeetee corns from a breeder in Florida. A friend of mine has two and they are beautiful animals.
I know with boa's one snake per cage (except breeding time of course) is the general rule. Is this the case with corn snakes? I have a 20 gallon tank with aspen bedding and heat on one side. Can I raise them up together or is it best to keep this male and female apart until I decide to breed them?
Can I keep them together for a short time and then separate them or should I just keep them apart in their own set ups?

Thanks All :cheers:

Welcome. Just as with your boas, keep all corns separate except at breeding time. Good luck!

dbacker65
09-29-2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks. I see Rich Z is part of this forum. I bought my 2 new corns from him. These are little beauties, I will have to post some pics soon after I snap them.

Bobo's Mama
09-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums :wavey: Rich Z is not only a part of this forum, he runs it! He's a great guy and often chimes in on discussions to add his own experienced 2 cents. Good luck with your snakes. If you got them from him, I'm sure you won't have any problems.