PDA

View Full Version : New snake has lumps pics inside

New snake has lumps pics inside

slorenz
10-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Without feeding him he has these meaty sections near HIS tail section i dont know what they are i hope its nothing to worry about i just got him yesturday so i would like to know if there is anything to be worried about.

danvega
10-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Your snake looks like it has recently fed. Did you ask the person who you obtained it from when the last time it ate? Anyways, look for feces in a few days, lumps should dissapear.

slorenz
10-03-2005, 08:26 PM
i was told that it can be a intestine virus or fatty tumors anyone else have experience of this?

slorenz
10-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Your snake looks like it has recently fed. Did you ask the person who you obtained it from when the last time it ate? Anyways, look for feces in a few days, lumps should dissapear.

My snake did poop and all was good. It just looks like the lumps are to far back to the vent for it to be food.
I really need input!

danvega
10-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Another possibility is the lumps could be fatty deposits. Do a search for this, I know I have seen another post of a snake with lumps similar to yours.

Or, are you sure the snake is a he, maybe its a she and is gravid. Were you able to get any background info from the person you got the snake from?

danvega
10-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Slorenz, take a look at these posts:

Bulge on big female (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25096&highlight=fatty)
Lump near tail (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21896&highlight=fatty)

slorenz
10-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Another possibility is the lumps could be fatty deposits. Do a search for this, I know I have seen another post of a snake with lumps similar to yours.

Or, are you sure the snake is a he, maybe its a she and is gravid. Were you able to get any background info from the person you got the snake from?

she is a he...

amcgltdchix
10-04-2005, 07:06 AM
if you are so concerned you can take the snake to your vet for a quick xray. That can determine whether or not this is a soft tissue lump vs. impacted fecal matter vs. other.