PDA

View Full Version : Wondering..Cornelius regurgitated ~~~~:~

Wondering..Cornelius regurgitated ~~~~:~

PSYCOSNAKEMOM
09-01-2002, 09:50 PM
Cornelius spit-up his/her last dinner, two crawlers. It has never happened before, I'm not worried yet but was wondering why it happened and thought maybe someone might have an idea. Two changes, we separated Cornelius and Sauron:( So they are not together any more, after being together for a whole year! and Cornelius did poop in one of his water bowls during the night, he/she has two bowls, BUT what if she/he drank the water that had the poop in it? I'd like to believe that she/he is smarter than that especially because there was another bowl of fresh water, but I'm a little worried that that might be the cause of the problem. BUT could it be that he/she was too stressed out because of the separation? Any info would help. Thanks, Sam ~~~~~~:~

bmm
09-01-2002, 11:43 PM
I highly doubt the seperation has anything to do with it as that would cause good not harm. Corns are normally "relieved" when finally given a cage to themselves and they do not make friends. Period. :)

So I don't think he drank the bad water but ya never know. Also, temps? Humidity? Item to large? About to shed? Just shed? Any of these things can cause a regurg. Sometimes it just happens.

I would wait a week or so until you feed him again. Unless he ends up going through a shed then wait until a couple days after that. But you should be safe waiting a week and trying again. Sometimes, these things can just happen :)

bmm

PSYCOSNAKEMOM
09-02-2002, 06:17 PM
We are just geting over a heat wave here, temps and humidity were in the higher end or the range, Maybe that's why he/she pooped in the water....just trying to cool down a little. Now we are in a rain spell! Welcome to New England. Thanks for the thoughts. Will be feeding one fuzzie (small meal) tonight, it's been five days (or even a few more) now, so I think that it will be ok. she/he is moving around and behaviorally complaining that it is time to eat. Sam ~~~~~~~:~

bmm
09-02-2002, 07:02 PM
A very hot heat wave can definitly cause a regurg.

bmm