PDA

View Full Version : Partial regurge?

Partial regurge?

ultimuttone
10-08-2005, 12:44 PM
I have read a lot of the threads concerning regurges but have never actually had one.
When I was checking everyone this morning I found a small amount of brownish moist stuff in the corner of one the vivs. There were no recognizable parts and it didn't smell really bad, but wasn't like normal feces. There was also normal feces in the viv.
This particular hatchling is a pretty good eater, but did have a little bit larger pinkie this time. It seemed to be taking her longer to digest than normal. Could it have been a partial regurge? Or just weird poo?
I am just wondering if I should try and feed her or skip the next feeding.
Thanks for any input.

mbdorfer
10-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Most likely just weird poo. I have never had a snake digest part of a meal and toss the rest. I suppose it's possible, but not likely :wavey:

Mary-Beth
10-08-2005, 01:01 PM
If it was that well digested and a regurge, it would probably smell HORRIBLE too.

CornCrazy
10-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Most likely just weird poo. I have never had a snake digest part of a meal and toss the rest. I suppose it's possible, but not likely :wavey:I have had several do exactly that...digest part and toss the rest.

I say that if you are unsure, then treat it like a regurge. It won't hurt your snake to skip a meal. Better to be safe, in my opinion.

ultimuttone
10-08-2005, 01:06 PM
That's what I was thinking, but it was like snake diarrhea :-puke01:
She seems to be doing fine/active. Maybe it was the warmer temps with the AC going out. :shrugs:
I'll keep an eye on her. Thanks for the quick replies.

mbdorfer
10-09-2005, 08:51 AM
I have had several do exactly that...digest part and toss the rest.

I say that if you are unsure, then treat it like a regurge. It won't hurt your snake to skip a meal. Better to be safe, in my opinion.
This is why I love this place! A continual learning experience from other members situations. Did those snakes come out of it okay? :cheers:

CornCrazy
10-09-2005, 09:03 AM
This is why I love this place! A continual learning experience from other members situations. Did those snakes come out of it okay? :cheers:Yes, they are doing fine. Thanks for asking :)

And I agree, it is very helpful to be able to learn from other people's experiences.

ultimuttone
10-09-2005, 01:46 PM
This is why I love this place! A continual learning experience from other members situations. Did those snakes come out of it okay? :cheers:

So true. That is the best part of being part of this forum, if it can happen it has already happened to someone here!

I skipped her meal this week. It will be the first time she has skipped a meal with me so definitely won't hurt her :). I separate the ones who don't eat from the ones who do each week so the only ones that get handled before the next feeding day are the ones that are eating well. She'll go in that group this week so she gets a good rest.
:-offtopic I am really happy this week, only 3 in that group!

Thanks for sharing your experience.