PDA

View Full Version : New here, good to see a site like this...Thanks!

New here, good to see a site like this...Thanks!

CandyCorn
10-09-2005, 05:02 PM
I am new and can't seem to get my pics up for profile or avatar. What is the secret to getting the small amount of pixels?

mbdorfer
10-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Welcome CandyCorn, you need photo editing software to resize the image. I think you might be able to do it in Microsoft Paint

ultimuttone
10-09-2005, 05:06 PM
I use Irfanview, a free downloadable program. It will allow you to change the pixel size. You may also need to change to a jpeg if it is currently a bitmap image.
Hope that helps.

ultimuttone
10-09-2005, 05:07 PM
I couldn't get paint to resize but it works to change the type of image.

CandyCorn
10-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Thanks Mike:)
I'll try it. Got some great pics of my new month old. First time snake owner:)
Motley Amel with sparatic belly pattern...a mutt I guess:)
Judy

CandyCorn
10-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Thanks Traci:)
It may take me awhile but I think I get the idea:) Now back to the My Pictures place:)
Judy

PtDnsr
10-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Welcome! In paint you have to go under Attributes and then Strech/Skew. You can strech it based on percentage and as long as you do the horizontal and vertical the same it just shrinks the pic.

~Katie

CandyCorn
10-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Thanks Katie,
I'll try that, but I will have to shrink it alot. I hope you can still see it:)
Judy

CornCrazy
10-09-2005, 11:03 PM
You can download this program
Visualizer Photo Resizer (http://www.freeimagebrowser.com/)

It will compress the picture and make the file size smaller.

For the avatar, you will have to crop the picture to 160 pixels x 160 pixels.

CandyCorn
10-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks Terri,
I really appreciate the link:)
Judy

CornCrazy
10-10-2005, 03:18 PM
You're welcome! I hope it helps!

CandyCorn
10-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks, I figured it out, and this is my baby...Phoebe. I love the heart shape on her head. Thanks all !!!!
judy

scalesnthings
10-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Lol, now we wait for you to get bitten by the cornsnake bug... Phoebe won't be your last ;) It's great to see you're getting into Cornsnakes though :)

Laine

scalesnthings
10-12-2005, 02:11 PM
And send us a belly pic soon.. of the neck and the lower half if possible :) Just be sure she hasn't eaten in a few days first...

Laine

CandyCorn
10-12-2005, 07:46 PM
And send us a belly pic soon.. of the neck and the lower half if possible :) Just be sure she hasn't eaten in a few days first...

Laine

Pie, She has not been very active lately...since I put in the strawberry, she seems to be slugish and her eyes are cloudy. Maybe she is going to shed soon, but I will get the pic for you as soon as I can....AND YES, she will be my ONLY cornsnake, I want to spoil her, not like you and having 70+ SNAKES:)
LOVE YOU,
MOM

scalesnthings
10-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Lol, yeah it sounds like she'll shed soon.. I suspect you'll take lots of pictures and keep the shed in a scrapbook somewhere, lol... oh, and forum, welcome to my mom.. haha

Laine :sidestep:

CandyCorn
10-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Lol, yeah it sounds like she'll shed soon.. I suspect you'll take lots of pictures and keep the shed in a scrapbook somewhere, lol... oh, and forum, welcome to my mom.. haha

Laine :sidestep:

Yeah, you just wanted them all to know where I got my pretty baby...Phoebe
Let me know when your first batch hatches, so I can get her a boyfriend:)
Mom

ultimuttone
10-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Boy from "ONLY snake" to "get her a boyfriend" in two posts! Looks like a family addiction to me :D.

scalesnthings
10-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Oh you should see her Beanie Baby Collection.. haha.. she's more obsessive-compulsive than I am.. lol. She knows she won't stop at just one.. though granted, she probably won't take it as far as I have.. hehe.. though you never know what 'just two' can lead to.. o.O

CandyCorn
10-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Ok you two...ganging up on me? I must admit they are addictive:) What can you say when you look into their cute, beady little eyes? So maybe two snakes, but that's it!!!!

At least until they multiply:)

It's all my daughters fault anyway...it always is, and so were the beanie babies!!!
Love you!
Mom

CandyCorn
10-13-2005, 11:34 AM
And yes, I will be keeping a scrapbook for her, pics, sheds etc. Your just jealous of your new baby sister:)
Love you lots,
Mom

You are right ULTIMITTONE...a family addiction:)
But it's my daughters fault:)

scalesnthings
10-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Ok, so the McDonalds toys and the barbies may have been my fault too, but not the coin collection!! That's sooo all you.. lol And the Strawberrys too.. lol, love you mom, sorry about all the :-offtopic stuff :X :sidestep:

CandyCorn
10-13-2005, 11:22 PM
Pie, Did you ever find out what the marks on her belly are? Is she Motley Amel or a freak from a bad mateing? Either way...she's my baby:) I just fed her last night, so I'll wait a few days and get a belly shot for you...See what Kathy says about them, and who was that guy I got her from...Z??? Thanks, I love her:)
Mom

scalesnthings
10-14-2005, 03:21 PM
I don't know his name, but he's the non-eater king.. he's there at the Tucson show every year with a bunch of non-eaters that usually eat on the first try.. great deal.. anyways, she's an Amel Motley, but she has a belly checker or two.. apparently it's not too common, but I guess I'm the only one who thinks they're really cool.. lol.We'll put her with Racer in a few years and get some Amel Motley-Stripes.. :)

Laine

CandyCorn
10-15-2005, 02:43 AM
She shed this morning, and it was harder on me than it was for her:) How long before I should feed her again after a shed? Got nice pieces for her scrapbook:) You've got to get me a book so I don't freak out so much:)
Call me...
Mom