PDA

View Full Version : Bitten by the bug (again)

Bitten by the bug (again)

psyhodad
10-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Howdy,

First I want to appologize because I think I posted this accidently on a thread somewhere (had a blonde moment).

My name is Lee but my kids call me psyhodad (no c in psycho). I'm a single dad raising two kid and I have my older daughter (just out of the navy) living with me as well.

Ever since I was a kid, I've always been fascinated with reptiles. Years ago I use to have a pretty good collection of snakes, lizards and spiders. My passion was chameleons. Well you know how it is kids come along and something has to give. I couldn't find any takers for the kids so the collection had to go.

Last week, on a whim, I bought a sweet red tail boa. I guess this brought back memories for my older daughter because all she talked about was a corn snake that I had in my collection when she was about 6 years old (the first snake she ever held). Well, I had to get some frozen feeders for the boa at my local rep shop. At the counter was a display with all kinds of neonate corns. I decided to surprise my daughter and picked up a normal corn like we had when she was little. Needless to say I came home and started researching. I couldn't believe all the gorgeous morphs. That was all it took. I was hooked. The next day I went and picked up a baby snow. Now I'm shopping for breeders.

I've be devouring any and all information that I can find on the internet and I picked up a copy of Kathy Love's book (which from reading other post was the best investment that I could have made).

I'll be hanging around here and asking a lot of questions so I hope y'all don't mind. From what I've seen everyone seems to be very open, friendly and very helpful.

ultimuttone
10-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Welcome and congratulations on the first two of your corn collection :). It really is easy to get 'hooked'. Sounds like you are off to a good start and you found the absolute best place for information and friendly people willing to help. Enjoy.

Tegucentric
10-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Your previous post is here..

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25715

Welcome to Cornsnakes.com

Rick