PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad???

Good or Bad???

Shadowman
10-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Hi! I have one of these and was wondering what you folks thought of it as a corn snake home? Do you think the snake will be able to escape from it? the screen top is secured by plastic locking tabs. The front doors swing open, they are kept locked by tab on the bottom of the doors but do you think that the snake will be able to push on the top of the doors enough to squeeze its way out?

Shadow

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=482 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="50%"><CENTER> http://www.reptiledepot.com/pics/newglass_terrarium_1.jpg</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

CornCrazy
10-18-2005, 10:29 PM
I am not sure about escaping, but I know they can get behind the backdrop that is in it (if the snake is small).

Silvae
10-18-2005, 11:48 PM
I have that exact tank, and Louis hasn't been able to get out at all.

Make sure that the holes used for wires (probably for hot rocks and the like) are closed (there's a sliding thing that closes them up).

I took the backdrop out. It's annoying trying to lure Louis out for feedings or handlings when he's smooshed behind the styrophome rock.

As far as escapage goes, I seriously doubt a baby could get out. When Louis gets bigger I may consider getting something to secure the back part of the lid (the part over top of the backdrop). There is a little give there, though not much...

danvega
10-19-2005, 12:48 AM
Cornsnakes are not really arboreal snakes (yes, they will climb occasionally). So the upper half of the enclosure is really just wasted space. The dimensions would be fine for a smaller corn (I have my 2 month old hypo in a 5 gallon tank---same length and width as a 10 gallon, the height is just cut off half way). I have my adults/subadults in 20L tanks, (30x12.5x12). Corns value the bottom space to roam around (especially the edges) at night.

Shadowman
10-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Thank You Both for your help!

Shadow :cool: