PDA

View Full Version : It finally happened~!

It finally happened~!

JAG 32
10-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Well it finally happened. This is the 2nd "big" obstacle i have had to overcome since I've had corn snakes. The first was regure and today my creamsicle didn't shed very well. She only shed her tail area and not the tip. I think it was caused by low humidity (has been fixed). After her sitting in some wet paper towels in her sterilite "travel" cage she finally started to loosen up. She started to move around and it came off!!!! YAY - i had to work with her head and tip of her tail to get the skin off but it finally came off. I just thought i would share my experience! John

Roy Munson
10-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Uh-oh. Can the cloacal prolapse be far behind? ;) :sidestep:

MegF.
10-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Tail tips often don't shed completely. It's the one thing I always check for after they shed. Even with perfect humidity, sometimes it will stay there anyway. Glad all came out in the end.

miamijuan3
10-21-2005, 05:32 AM
congrats. I'm sure its a sign of good things to come

JAG 32
10-21-2005, 03:16 PM
MegF. Tail tips often don't shed completely. It's the one thing I always check for after they shed. Even with perfect humidity, sometimes it will stay there anyway. Glad all came out in the end. Yeah, its weird because I've had cornsnakes for 3 years now and this is the ONLY perfect shed i haven't had. I'm glad i know what to do now because I'm hopefully gonna be breeding soon and there are usually some problems. Maybe there wont be in my clutch....knock on wood. - John

slorenz
10-21-2005, 04:54 PM
yea my snake shed in 3 spots too i increased humidity and it fixed it.