PDA

View Full Version : Not Shedding or eating

Not Shedding or eating

Butterz
10-23-2005, 07:00 PM
My 5 month old corn snake (hunter)'s eyes just cleared up and she hasnt shed in 4 days since. i feed her every wendsday and she isnt eating. im starting to get worried. i just soaked her in a warm bath to loosen the skin but all she wants to do is go to sleep. any advice? :shrugs:

PtDnsr
10-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Relax - she'll shed when she's ready. I have some corns that go a week in between cloudy eyes and shed. Just give her time. Don't worry about her not eating either. A decent number of my snakes refuse to eat when they're about to shed. If she goes for a month without eating then you can be worried.

~Katie

debcash
10-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Yup, each snake is different... I have one that won't touch food for about 3 weeks while she goes through her shed process - she seems to take forever!
She'll suprise you one morning with a snake skin and be ready to eat.

Tracee
10-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Thirded with the don't worry :)

There should be no need to bathe her unless the actual shedding process has gone wrong (i.e. the shed is incomplete) - some don't seem to mind it, but some detest baths, so don't do this unless you have to :)

Generally they are secretive during this time, which you might perceive as her wanting to go to sleep contantly. For the same reason she might refuse food, again I wouldn't be worried. The longest mine has gone between meals with no ill effects whatsoever is about 8 weeks. He didn't even lose weight, the fat so-and-so :)

Butterz
10-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys, by the way she shed monday and then i fed her on tue and she ate, i guess they need time. :cheers: