PDA

View Full Version : boored

boored

nicky
04-11-2002, 09:43 PM
I'm bored so i made a little poll to entertain me befor I go to sleep.

Peter
04-12-2002, 12:16 AM
I already have 2.2 ball pythons- not interested in any of the other choices

jim
04-12-2002, 12:46 AM
i have an iguana and am soon getting a tarantula (april 28th white plains show). other than that just my corns and a few kings and wouldn't trade them. no sirree bob!

Iris
04-12-2002, 02:54 AM
I think cobras are sooooo cool looking but I would never even think of going near one cuz they are dangerous. I think. But they do look pretty cool with their hood and everything. I'll stick to pictures. ANd no I would NEVER trade my snake. :) one to keep..well my friend has a ball python and it's pretty nice to me. hehe
Hey Jim, I'm going to that westchester show too! Gotta pick up some more mice...yum yum

jim
04-12-2002, 09:34 AM
if you see a tall guy with long hair in a pony-tail and lots of piercings say hello.

Elaphe_Mo
04-12-2002, 10:04 AM
Yeah I'd never trade in my corns for any of those. I'm way too happy with them :)

Hey Jim and Iris, what is that show like? I have been thinking about treking around to some of the other East Coast shows just to check them out, since the MD show is kinda dinky and gets boring with mostly the same things every month. I can't wait till August/September for the BIG shows!!

Gregg
04-12-2002, 11:56 AM
You forgot a lot on your poll, of course, but I think a pair of albino western diamondback rattlers would be a sore temptation.

Rattlers have always been my second favorite snake after corns--I used to play with them when I was a kid (It's a Appalachian thing)--and the herp store near my house has 1.1 albinos. Man, are they beautiful! Imagine such a fierce looking creature dressed out in butter yellow and white. Little amber rattles. Gorgeous!

Of course, I wouldn't want to trade in ALL of my corns, and if I did trade in a few, or all, I would soon replace every one.

Oooh, that buzz! That arched neck and arrowshaped head! AND THAT COLOR! Drool. :p But 900 bucks per snake is way out of my league.

Missymonkey
04-12-2002, 02:33 PM
well, seeing as I pawned off all of my family members (and in-laws) so I could buy more corns, it wouldn't really be fair to trade my corns for anything other than my relatives or a porshce, or a small house with a pool, or all my student loans, or you know more corns,...

nicky
04-12-2002, 04:18 PM
Ya I know I forgot lots but those are just based on my favorites. My absoult favorite snake besides a corn is a great big 9 foot boa constricter! I would love to have one but my mum thinks ball pythons are too big so I'd never be allowed a boa constricter maybe when I'm older.

Iris
04-12-2002, 04:20 PM
It's not too big of a show I think but then again I wouldn't know since I've only been to that show once. Last time in December it was really really crowded but this time it's in the upper level of the building which is supposedly better. I didn't see any special corns but it might have been that all the nice ones were sold by the time I got there OR I just didn't see them cuz it was so darn crowded. I got a fair price on my striped though, $40. Lots of other reptiles too..like beardies, iguanas, geckos and a lot of things I don't even know what they are. And big hairy tarantulas~UGH! I think the site for it is www.reptileexpo.com and it has some information.
This show isn't anywhere near as big as some of the Florida ones I think..I mean don't a lot of breeders live in Florida? I think...
Anyway, if it sounds like fun to you, go ahead. Knock yourself out.
And Jim, if I see you I'll say hi for sure. I hope I don't say hi to the wrong tall guy with piercings and long hair in a ponytail..!:)

Elaphe_Mo
04-12-2002, 10:57 PM
thanks for the info...that show looks a lot bigger than the monthly maryland show at least, although not as big as the really big shows I've been to. I don't know if I will make it this time but it does look like it would be worth the drive.

jim
04-13-2002, 06:27 AM
mo---- exactly what iris said... about 70 tables i think.... the site lists all the vendors... not a bad list but too many lizards for my taste... a good mix of all herps...

--------

iris---- black shirt and black boots, my wife amy is about a foot shorter than me. :)

--------

kevin--- if you're planning on going, say hello...

Iris
04-13-2002, 11:48 AM
Jim I'll keep that description in mind but last time it was so crowded I had trouble finding the corns! Of course, as a typical teenage girl I won't know what to wear until 2 minutes before I leave so I guess I'll just have to find you lol.
I'm definitely not bringing any more money than $30 because I'll be tempted to bring home some more little friends. My mom will have a heart attack and faint..yep so just the $25 for the mice and 5 bucks extra for whatever reason.
Hehe I can't wait ! :)

Peter
04-13-2002, 02:17 PM
Do what I do, don't tell anyone! Just buy them and if they ask later just nonchalantly say, "Oh, I've had him/her/them for a looongg time." Usually with parents or unsupportive girl/boyfriends- they aren't interested anyway so get what makes you happy!

Legal disclaimer- EVERYTHING I say MAY be wrong!:cool:

Iris
04-13-2002, 11:40 PM
Hey Peter
Well I live with my parents (I'm only 14) so it might be hard to sneak them by them...especially out of the show and into the car for the ride home..heheh
BUT if I managed to do that, they might not discover the new addition(s) for a while considering they never venture near "the snake room" (which is my bedroom).
:D

Peter
04-14-2002, 12:38 PM
but not in some nerdy, weird, old guy who never left home way. They are 80 and 86 and sold their house and moved into mine. I've got to help them out with things everyday. I'm the youngest of 5 and nobody else would give up their lives to do it, so here I am. There are benefits, my Dad paid off the house and I pay him so I can be late with my payments if I want. AND, my mother bought me a 5 cubic foot deep freeze as a birthday present. I do believe it was purely selfish reasons though, she probably got tired of rats and mice in her 7 cf freezer.:D