PDA

View Full Version : I am so relieved.

I am so relieved.

ultimuttone
10-25-2005, 12:01 AM
It looks like the fates decided to even things out a little for me.

I have four hatchlings that have been giving me a really hard time feeding. Three have only eaten once in the 6-7 weeks I have had them and one that had eaten twice. I have tried heads only, split, brained, live, tuna scented, anole scented, bedding scented, deli cup, paper bag, closet-everything. Yesterday I broke down and assist fed them each about 3/4" of mouse tail. Today I put a small f/t in their vivs with them-just in case. The last one just finished his!!!! It took almost 2 hours, but they ate!
I know I still have a way to go with them, but this is a very good sign. I was afraid I would be doing a mass burial soon.
I just wanted to share a bit of good news.

Roy Munson
10-25-2005, 12:15 AM
Great news Traci. Those snakelings are lucky to have a patient, knowledgable and persistent keeper. :)

ultimuttone
10-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Thanks,Dean.
On the job training is more like it though:grin01:

Mary-Beth
10-25-2005, 08:14 AM
That's wonderful!
:cheers:

ultimuttone
10-29-2005, 12:17 AM
I just wanted to update this because all four have now taken their 2nd consecutive meal :D.
May not seem like much but with one going 6 weeks without eating, it is a huge deal for me.
For anyone who is going through the stresses of trying to get a little one to eat-patience and perseverance!

missmymark
10-30-2005, 12:48 AM
So glad to hear all is working out with the babies. Here is to many more meals! J

Rorryy
10-30-2005, 01:47 AM
:cheers: To you and other herpers that have the patience to persevere! I meet so many people from day to day that are just simply beasts. I am fortunate to belong to a forum of humans who take the time to care for "beasts". Congrats Traci, keep up the love!