PDA

View Full Version : Noticable lump 7 days after feeding??

Noticable lump 7 days after feeding??

Blue Apple Herps
10-28-2005, 07:36 PM
My hypo lav still has a very noticable lump after being fed a week ago. He was just fed a pink that was not too big. I thought that maybe it was taking him a little while because it's been cooling off, but every other hatchling that ate that day has already digested and pooped. He still has a lump and looks like he ate yesterday. Should I be worried?? I'm gonna keep my eye on him but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

coyote
10-28-2005, 09:49 PM
What do you mean by, "because it's been cooling off"?
Also, do you feed in the container and is there loose substrate?
Is he in a separate container and has his heat been working?

MegF.
10-28-2005, 10:35 PM
I can't think of an occasion where the food remains in the stomach for 7 days and hasn't caused a regurge from it. Usually within 3 days or so. Are you sure there isn't something else going on. As Coyote mentioned, there could be impaction, or something else.

Blue Apple Herps
10-29-2005, 12:48 PM
What do you mean by, "because it's been cooling off"?
Also, do you feed in the container and is there loose substrate?
Is he in a separate container and has his heat been working?

By cooling off, I mean that here in TX I don't use any heat source and because it's finally starting to cool off my house is a little cooler. So instead of the temps being around 80-82 they've fallen to 74-75. And I do feed in a separate container: deli cup with no substrate. So unless he had a craving for some aspen and ingested substrate after he was put back in his cage there's no way he could have ingested any when he was eating.

MegF.
10-29-2005, 05:15 PM
74-7 is a little low for digestion, but even if you're temps are low, they will usually regurge from being unable to digest their food withing 3-4 days. I don't have any clue as to why he has a lump after a week.

Blue Apple Herps
10-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Well it looks like it is getting smaller but it may just be me being optimistic, so I have no idea :shrugs:

Well I"ll keep my eye on him and see what happens.

Slippery Ernie
11-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Heating the tank certainly couldn't hurt...