• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

a pic filled intro...

The Nothing

Immoral Support
Hey there
my name's Isaac, and I have a single cornsnake (spade) that I received recently as a rescue

normal_spadelumpmark%7E0.jpg

Hes just a couple months old, and has several fused vertebrae (circled in the pic above) and he had a terrible mite infestation. The mites were quickly dispatched with daily soap baths and daily substrate changes. His enclosure and fresh aspen were treated with ZooMed Mite Off. After a week of the above, and a perfect shed, he's now sans mites, and back into the Zoo Room with the rest of the animals

He eats very well, almost with a vengeance, and taking F/T without a problem. The main concern with him now is his stool doesn't seem right to me.

Spade, as I mentioned is the only cornsnake that I have. The rest of the collection is as follows:
1.1 Bearded Dragons
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
1.0 Dumeril's Ground Boa
0.1 Central American Boa (BCI - nicaraguan)
1.0 Amazon Tree Boa

180ish Scorpions (30 different species)
7 tarantulas (3 different species)

normal_mainshelf.jpg

normal_secondshelf.jpg

normal_wall2.jpg

normal_wall3.jpg

This looks like a very active board, something I like since I spend several hours a day staring blankly at a computer waiting for the internet to catch up with me. Suppose I could tell a bit about myself here too... I'm 28 (at I have been for a couple days) and have been around herps and inverts for many many years. I live in Portland and am a member of the NW Herptile Keepers Assoc.

Welcome. Nice pics. :wavey:

I'm no expert on mites (fortunately) but IIRC there's something about keeping the routine up for 2 weeks to make sure you cover the whole life cycle. :shrugs:

Welcome! :wavey:
It's great that you were able to rescue him! Kudos. He's very pretty. You said you thought his stools were off, what seems wrong about them?

i've still not manage to catch a fairly fresh defication, he hides them well. but seem urates are very dry, and almost dusty, while solids are runny. i'm thinking it could be dehydration related... though everything else seems OK... just interesting when you're dealing with hybrids (not something i normally care for either)

The room looks wonderful (though I don't know that I would be OK with that many invertebrates lol). I have to say that is one lucky animal to be saved by someone that actually cares. There are way to many people who buy first ask questions later.

As people say, this is only the first corn you will have (and there will be more :rolleyes: ), all you have to do is take a look at the picture gallery ;D

Welcome!

Back