PDA

View Full Version : hiccups

hiccups

Filovirus
09-06-2002, 04:04 AM
the other night i was handling Kellogg, my 8ish month corn, he was a little blue on the belly and his eyes were cloudy.. so i was waiting for the shedding, that happened this morning...

i then noticed while holding him that he was making noises... and as i turned the tv down and sat watching him i noticed that every thirty seconds or so he would twitch and make this sharp inhale of breath noise.. he'd got hiccups.. after a few minutes it stopped but was kinda really funny..

is this something that may be a worry or do your snakes hiccup too..??

and along the same thread... to they burp and fart...??

Jimmy C.
09-06-2002, 12:17 PM
Hey Filovirus,
I have never heard my snakes hiccup, burp or fart but the first time I heard my adult ( I bought it as an adult) take a poo ( yes I could hear it ) I thought it was hilarious.
So now I have 7 adult snakes and I know when I need to do some spot cleaning just by sound.:D
Jimmy C.

bmm
09-06-2002, 12:50 PM
I have never ever heard of a snake havign the hiccups. But I suppose it might happen.

The things you desribe sound like the symptoms of a respitory infection. I could be wrong, but clicking noises, or other noises when breathing can often be a sign of this.

If you notice any wet from the mouth or nose, or the clicking gets worse or does not go away/happens again I would probably take a trip to the vet.

But like I said, while I have never heard of a snake getting hiccups it could be that. maybe.

bmm

little twiglet
09-11-2002, 05:23 PM
that is so wierd i have never heard of them getting hiccups but i think you should get him checked just in case?

i bet it was funny as fcuk tho!!!:D