PDA

View Full Version : Hey all!

Hey all!

corny_gurl333
11-04-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm really new to the snake business! I don't even have a snake yet, but I'm working hard on it! I love cornsnakes of all the snakes I've looked at to get, there's this breed I like, and I like california kingsnakes...but this is about cornsnakes. Okay, so, I'm 14, I live in Cottonwood Arizona, kinda remote and I've only talked to like two people on the internet who actually know where it is....but anyways. I just really think this place will be a good place for me to find all the information I need on cornsnakes short of actually experiencing things.
I've always been really really into animals. I think it's kinda a sickness, and it's very contagious in my case! I got it from my mom, cuz she's the same way. She takes in anything that doesn't have a home, and she gives it purpose and meaning and a new home. I help too! :-) So, I've done cats and dogs and chickens and fish and rodents from the day they were born (with the exception of rodents and fish) and I'm not really looking to breed snakes or get them at a day old, but it's something I've never experienced and I would really love to.
Here's to hoping my parents say yes! :cheers:
~*Kristin*~

ultimuttone
11-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Welcome Kristen-from another Arizonan :).
Have your parents check out this site also and maybe you can make it a family addiction like my daughters and I have.

CornDazzle
11-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Welcome to our world. I am in Northeast, OH. Arizona sounds great!

zapthycat
11-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Welcome! Enjoy the site and the snakes that you'll soon (hopefully) get! :)

corny_gurl333
11-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Where in Arizona do all the Arizonans live? I'll definately tell them to check out this website! And I would love for it to be a family obsession, but neither of my parents even like snakes as pets, not even a little bit... But I think my brother might get into it since he's a typical teenage boy and he had a pet tarantula once. My other brother hates snakes with a passion though, so there's no chance he'll get into it. All my friends like snakes though! I just am really really hoping my mom says yes. I really like the corn snakes for sale in the for sale section under the thread pre holiday sale. Some of them are just knock you down gorgeous to me! It gives me goosebumps! See, that's exactly why I know I need to have one for myself! Okay...thanks for all the welcomes!
~*Kristin*~

corny_gurl333
11-05-2005, 03:58 PM
What are all the decimal numbers for? I really don't get it! I don't know the names of the colors all of them either, I just know when I see one I like the look of. So, what are all the 1.0 and 0.1 and the 1.3 what are all those about? Thanks!
~*Kristin*~

ultimuttone
11-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Check out this link for DNA Snakes (Gallagher on here) they are in Mesa and have some really nice amels especially and they are also great to work with.. I have several from them.
http://www.angelfire.com/ri2/dnasnakes/

corny_gurl333
11-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Do they ship? And if so, how much would it be to get them to Cottonwood do you think? I am really interested in some of their babies. I think it might be better to get one from locally instead of having whoever I order it from to have to ship it across 6 states or whatever, you know? Maybe I could even persuade my rents (if they say yes) to actually drive down to Mesa so I don't have to pay shipping at all! I'm really excited! I shouldn't be though, because my mom hasn't reached a verdict yet....oh well. Let me know about the shipping okeeday? Just what you think, or if you know...then...
~*Kristin*~

ultimuttone
11-05-2005, 06:04 PM
I believe they do. You can shoot them an email (link is on the website) and see what they have and what their shipping terms/rates are. Don and Angel have been really helpful and they have some great snakes. You won't be disappointed. :)

corny_gurl333
11-07-2005, 01:12 AM
Thank you so much Traci! Oh my gosh! That's definately where I'm getting my baby when I get one! Shipping from there is only 30 dollars and the snake I want (haven't decided for sure which one that is yet, but they're both the same price...) is only 20 dollars, and that is totally within my budget! Yay! I'm so happy! I'm pretty sure my dad was a little wierded out by me today cuz I kept asking questions about Mesa, like, how many miles is it from here? and, how long would it take to get there? and stupid questions like that. It was hard being inconspicuous, you know. But now that I know what the shipping is, I think I'd rather do that than drive down there since we would prolly burn more money in gas getting down there in my dad's truck! LOL! Okay, once again, thank you so much for leading me to my future snakiepoo! Mwah!
~*Kristin*~