Trinity
11-05-2005, 08:15 PM
2 ft. 2 in. normal corn snake

October 12- fed 2 fuzzies, regurge
Octover 17- fed 1, regurge
October 26- shed
October 27- fed 1, no regurge
November 2- fed 1, regurge

Just wait another 10 days and try again? sorry I'm sure you guys get tons of these posties and I would really appreciate any advice cuz this is my first snake. :shrugs:

coyote
11-05-2005, 09:38 PM
There are many reasons for regurgitation, but there is an established protocol for treating it.
Start by reading the information on it in the FAQ forum on this site.
Then do a search on this site using the keywords "regurge, or regurgitation", to see what has already been written on it. This will give you other case histories for comparison.

PtDnsr
11-05-2005, 09:42 PM
With that many regurges you need to tread lightly. I don't have the link (I'm sure someone else does) but read Kathy Love's regurge FAQ. Wait at least ten days and try feeding a pinky or something signifigantly smaller than the last meal. The fact that your snake keeps regurging means something is wrong. I'd try to get a fecal sample to the vet to test for parasites or other diseases. Also remove all stressors that you can. Put your snake in a quiet area and quit handeling it until you get it feeding normal again. You might want to try some Nutribac as well to help it's stomach recover. When you do feed again I'd suggest slitting the back to make it easier to digest. As with any regurge, check your temperatures again as well. I'm sure someone else will chime in but this is for starters.

~Katie

*I noticed coyote beat me to it - do a search as well, it will turn up lots of useful information

Trinity
11-06-2005, 07:47 PM
What is Nutribac? that doesn't sound like something I could find at PetsSmart

Joejr14
11-06-2005, 09:22 PM
What is Nutribac? that doesn't sound like something I could find at PetsSmart

No, you can't. Kathy Love sells it on her website, www.cornutopia.com.

But, there's clearly a problem since you've had 3 or 4 regurges in the past 4 or 5 attempts. If that trend continues the snake will not last very long.

Nutribac will help, but there has to be an underlying cause.

What are the temps? What is it being housed in? Where is the viv located? We need more info.

CornCrazy
11-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Did anyone notice that the only time the snake DIDN'T regurge was when it didn't eat for 10 days?

Please quit feeding your snake so close together. You really need to wait at least 10 days after a regurge before offering food again. The snake has to build up its digestive juices before feeding again. Also, you should not feed fuzzies for a while. Go back to pinks for several feedings.

Mary-Beth
11-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Here is the link to Kathy Loves advice - click here (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17308).

Trinity
11-07-2005, 10:15 PM
I read Kathy's section in the FAQ. She's in a 20 gallon viv with no activity all day since i have stopped handling her. not in direct sunlight, no loud music, the only other thing it that room is my computer which i use only after 7 so maybe it's my typing or the hard drive working. Temp is at 67 and constent cuz i have a lamp dimmer to regulate the heating pad. My plan is to wait 10 days and cut a fuzz in half because my new shipment of mice isn't coming untill the 20th. I know this is inconvienent, but she is my only snake and to have that many mice roting in my freezer would be a sever waste of mice.

PtDnsr
11-07-2005, 10:21 PM
I read Kathy's section in the FAQ. She's in a 20 gallon viv with no activity all day since i have stopped handling her. not in direct sunlight, no loud music, the only other thing it that room is my computer which i use only after 7 so maybe it's my typing or the hard drive working. Temp is at 67 and constent cuz i have a lamp dimmer to regulate the heating pad. My plan is to wait 10 days and cut a fuzz in half because my new shipment of mice isn't coming untill the 20th. I know this is inconvienent, but she is my only snake and to have that many mice roting in my freezer would be a sever waste of mice.
Do you mean that the cool side is 67? Or that the entire viv is 67? If so that's probably what's wrong. There should be a warm and a cool side so that your snake can thermoregulate. If you do have a gradient ignore that little rant, I just wanted to double check.

~Katie

CornCrazy
11-08-2005, 05:13 AM
Do you mean that the cool side is 67? Or that the entire viv is 67? If so that's probably what's wrong. There should be a warm and a cool side so that your snake can thermoregulate. If you do have a gradient ignore that little rant, I just wanted to double check.

~KatieI was wondering the same thing.

Your snake CANNOT digest its food if the tank is only 67 degrees. It should be room temp on one end and about 82 degrees on the other end.

Trinity
11-08-2005, 08:31 PM
yes that is what i ment the cool side is at 67 and the warm side is at 80