PDA

View Full Version : I have a little Question

I have a little Question

KevinHorvath
09-06-2002, 10:48 PM
I have 3 8 month old cornsnakes k.... My Question is if one of my 3 corn snakes do bite Im wondering how much it would hurt? Im not scared at all really, I just want to know what Im in for if I do something wrong and piss it off... Thank.

Kevin,

bmm
09-07-2002, 12:55 AM
it feels like velcro.

bmm

dartguy
09-07-2002, 01:02 AM
I was bitten by my 4' snow once and he drew a little blood but as bmm said it feels like velcro or like rough sandpaper-anyhow if you are careful (like wash your hands after handling mice BEFORE you hold your snake-LOL-that was my fault) among other precautions you should be ok

Rainey
09-10-2002, 02:38 PM
Most bites are defensive nips and don't hurt at all (maybe a tiny tiny bit). But if it goes in for a feeding bite (intends on eating you, we know it can't tho), that would hurt a fair bit. If they are pushing their nose up to your finger and poking at it, beware, that would hurt. but unless you smell like food, that probably wont happen, just wash your hands before and after you hold your corn. If you freak it out, the most you'll get is a small defensive nip, they don't hurt.

Rainey

shelly
02-03-2003, 12:32 AM
i was bitten by an adult snake in a pet shop , i asked the lady if i could hold it as i was planing to buy a snake from her so i asked to hold the adult but any way she placed it in my hands and it slithered in where my thumb was and bit me i got such a fright but it wasnt painful it just felt like being jaged with a pin although it did draw blood but later the lady told me the snake was due to be fed so maybe that was why it had bitten me but who knows , any how i eventually opted for a hatchling creamsicle corn.:)

Probe7899
02-03-2003, 09:42 PM
I was bitten by my sub adult ball python that hurt just a little. The corn snakes when they are little you can baley tell.
Brian

Gorn
02-04-2003, 09:01 PM
"i was bitten by an adult snake in a pet shop , i asked the lady if i could hold it as i was planing to buy a snake from her so i asked to hold the adult ..."

It happened to me once. The snake was a subadult normal striped corn. It might be due to that feeding thing, but I think this has more to do with the fact that in small petshops the snake isn't handle often enough to feel secure when once a month someone took it out of is cage. The one who bit me was in a realy small cage for a snake of that lenght. Petshops who aren't specialized in herps, don't always give apropriate care to snakes. And that cause a lot stress to snakes. Snake+stress+hand=Bite

lol

Jimmy C.
02-05-2003, 11:25 AM
I think that its the thought of being bitten by a snake that more freaks me out than it hurting.
It does feel like velcro. I was bitten by a 2 year old and it hurt a little but nothing to really talk about.
Jimmy C.

Skyrocketer26
02-05-2003, 12:48 PM
they are pretty docile so don't worry about it:)

13mur 6
02-05-2003, 03:11 PM
Have you ever been bitten by a mouse? Now take that amount of pain and put it over a value X. Take the limit of that as X approaches infinity and that's about how it feels to get bitten by a baby corn(you should get 0 for pain, because OMFG mouse bites hurt!)

Have you ever been playfully bitten by your kitty or doggy? Feels like 1/10 of that amount.

You know when the doctor takes your blood when you need a blood test? An adult corn's bite is about half as painful as the 18 guage needle piercing your skin.

You know when you peel off an old band-aid from a soft part of your body like the underside of your arm or thigh? and it kinda hurts when you pull it off? Adolescent corn bite is maybe 1/5 that painful.

Hope that gives you a good approximate guage of pain. But if you've experienced the types of pain I've illustrated, baby corn bites shouldn't even be considered painful. If you're lucky he might even rattle his tail off your hand and that's one unique feeling, like something buzzing your hand for a brief second.

-13mur 6

Skyrocketer26
02-05-2003, 09:16 PM
you sure do know your vocabulary!!!!
(i surely don't!!)

13mur 6
02-05-2003, 11:33 PM
Hey Skyrocketer26,

I'm actually in Michigan too (Ann Arbor). I'm dying to know who your vet is if you have a good one can you refer me? My vet is currently using me as a learning tool off my own wallet, if you know what I mean. Kalamazoo isn't too far from where I am, i think....

-13mur 6