PDA

View Full Version : drooling snake???

drooling snake???

wheeler78
09-07-2002, 06:08 PM
ok whell this will have alittel story behind it to try to help...

ok i went out like every sat. and got a feddermouse for sheba but today i tought i would just jack around and play with the snakes they had at the pet shop there so I went to get a amel corn out and the littel *#&$ bit me twice so i left him alone and paid for my mouse and left. whell on my way home i stoped at another pet store to see if they had any other snakes for sell that i can dream about buying. i left the mouse in the car in it's little box and went inside. when i was looking at all the little corns they had (they just had a clutch or two hatch) when i saw her. oh man was she pretty a rainbow boa not any longer than a foot and a half i asked to hould her and got her out. she was so pretty and so clam then all of a sudden she started to constirct around my finggers and rubbing her head in my hand and on my fingers (includeing the one that got bit) and i just keep on hold her not really noticeing it the she started to drool on me. What gives? any thoughts?

drizzt_19
09-07-2002, 06:59 PM
if the snake has exceesive drooling of the mouth it may be a respiratory infection. did you notice any other signs such as a clicking when breathing or holding the mouth open as if trying to breath better.also the rubbing of the mouth on your hand may be a sign of mouth rot. i would suggest a vet visit. hope this helps

drizzt_19
09-07-2002, 07:02 PM
if the snake has exceesive drooling of the mouth it may be a respiratory infection. did you notice any other signs such as a clicking when breathing or holding the mouth open as if trying to breath better.

Richard
09-30-2002, 07:13 PM
what they said plus i think if your hand still smelt like mouse and or snake she could have thought you finger was a mouse. But yes the droling thing was prob. some sort of resp. thing

bmm
09-30-2002, 09:14 PM
normally drooling is a respitory infection. And since you were at a pet store, there is almost no doubt in my mind thats what the problem is.

Unfortunate!

bmm