PDA

View Full Version : Gross Question lol

Gross Question lol

KevinHorvath
09-07-2002, 09:30 PM
Um......how do u get your corn snake 2 "crap".
Every time I pick the stupid thing up it starts ****ting.
Its painless but gross and VERY VERY embarassing when Im show him/her off. Is there anyway That I can make sure it wont do its business on me or anyone who picks the thing up???

Kevin,

statickaos
09-07-2002, 09:33 PM
hahahahaha.. thats really gotta suck.. I don't think your question should be "how to get it to crap" but how to NOT get it to crap..lol..

kenalotia
09-07-2002, 10:23 PM
How long have you had your corn? Sometimes (particularly hatchlings) will crap on you because they're scared. Being tiny there isn't much they can do to defend themselves. Or maybe it just doesn't like to crap in its cage. You can try giving it a little bath when you first take it out. The snake will probably do its business in there, and then you don't have to worry about being crapped on for the rest of the time.

Neil
09-08-2002, 06:32 AM
Give the snake a bath two days after feeding and it's very likely that it will do its business in the water. If that doesn't work then you'll just have to leave it alone in its tank until it craps which takes about two-three days.

Rainey
09-10-2002, 12:28 PM
I bath Kattie (normal corn) the day after and 2 days after she eats. this usually clears her right out sometimes if it looks like she's got a full tank I bath her on the thrid day after she eats.

It's good exercise anyway!

Rainey

Shaky
09-12-2002, 08:06 AM
Is your snake scared of you? Perhaps the trouble is that you dont really handle it enough. If that is the case, try taking it out daily and holding it for extended lengths of time-say 10 to 15 minutes.
On the other hand, maybe its so danged relaxed and comfy with you, its bowels loosen. In that case, I can't help you.
:)

Iris
09-13-2002, 07:25 PM
My handling seems to stimulate my snake in to pooping. This is actually quite useful because I recognize the signs when he is going to poop and I get him to do his business on some newspaper and throw it right out. This way I don't have to scrub out the tank with bleach and all that.
When the snake goes very still (not even tongue flicking) take a look at the vent and it should be kind of "pulsing" as the snake strains to empty its bowels. Quickly get some paper towels or newspaper under him.

mikeradie
09-17-2002, 02:08 AM
my snake used to go on me at first but I started to handle her more and now its not a problem.