PDA

View Full Version : Refused his squeaker ~,~

Refused his squeaker ~,~

Gintha
11-14-2005, 01:40 PM
So I tried to feed Hunter yesterday (11 days after last meal, store ran out of mice >=[ ) and he refused it.. he picked it up a few times and stared at it.. and played with it. I left him alone with it over night and still he didn't eat. Never had a snake refuse food cept when ready to shed, and he doesn't show any signs of shedding. He is really stressed right now (just started trying to hold him a few days ago) should I wait a few more days and try again? or wait till his normal feeding day to try? (yes I know theres prolly 50 posts on here like this, but honestly I did try the search function and all I could find was stuff about hatchlings, hes a 2003)

Preita
11-14-2005, 03:55 PM
I would just wait until the next time to feed him (ie. a week) and offer again. We had a snake do that, and for no good reason. Just wasnt intrested. I wouldnt take it to heart (though its tough as hell not to worry) he will probably eat next week :D

Gintha
11-16-2005, 06:04 AM
Okies, thanks =) Not used to having one thats not instantly used to me hehe... Treasure and Venus both got used to me in the car on the hour long drive from the store LOL... Hunter... welll.... *RATTLE* thats his favorite thing ~,~

Gintha
11-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Well... I got him to eat... 2 small fuzzies. All was going great.. until.. I went to check on him like normal and I found his tail stuck to one of the old glue on thermometers, I got him free and put him in his feeding cup while I cleaned the stupid glue off the tank. I went to get him to put him back in the viv and picked up the tub in time to see 2 mice sliding OUT of his mouth ~,~ Guess I wait 10 days and try again *cries* poor little guy.