PDA

View Full Version : Hatchling not eating

Hatchling not eating

Edelbrock
11-16-2005, 02:22 AM
So I've struggled with the viv in the last couple days and I was able to construct one that I find is suitable. He/she hasn't been in it for long and I haven't raised a hatchling yet. I was told by where I bought it that they fed them live pinkies on tuesdays so I decided to follow its already eating pattern. Tried to feed it earlier today with no results. I tried feeding it in different areas, feeding it in its cage (not good because of the aspen substrate but I was desperate and didn't know how they fed their hatchlings) and nothing has worked. I could really use any information and techniques to help it eat. I still have the live pinkie but it wont be alive much longer, once it dies im going to freeze it, thaw it out and try feeding it again. I included a picture of the habitat I made.

liljunie
11-16-2005, 05:56 AM
Hi,
I have been having trouble feeding my three hatchlings, but here are some things that worked. The toughest one to feed ate only after I put him in a chinese food container (with a few holes), put him back in the tank (away from the heat source) with his live pinky. I left him there at least four hours. For the other two, braining the thawed frozen pinkies seems to do the trick. Also when they were not eating I was offering food every couple of days, and that seemed to make them less interested. If they refuse, I try to wait 5 days before trying again. (I know that is tough when you have live pinkies). Good luck!!! Heidi

Edelbrock
11-16-2005, 07:49 AM
He passed away last night. I guess it was a bigger problem than I realized.