PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from South Africa

Newbie from South Africa

Chalk
11-19-2005, 04:10 AM
Username: Chalk; Occupation: Bank clerk; Sex: Male; Passion: Reptiles!
Need I say more? I hail from South Africa, and live in one of the major cities called Pretoria. Im 28 years old and own, so far, only one corn snake and a hamster. Quite the contradiction yes. My girlfriend doesn't like snakes or reptiles or insects or anything that is not cute and furry, hence the hamster. I only bought my firts snake in March this year, a beautifull baby corn, his name is Cuervo and he is now 10months old and has a very healthy apetite. Somehow he is a lot like me. He stays in his hide most of the time and doesn't like to be bothered much, he'll come out to play when he feels like it, and if bothered, he gets very grumpy, very much like I do. I'll post some threads in the other forums as I have many questions but just wanted to introduce myself. Unfortunately I can only access the web once a week.
Glad to find a community of corn lovers out there on the other side of the world...
Chalk

ghosthousecorns
11-19-2005, 10:32 AM
welcome to the forums, it's always interesting when people from other countries post here! What kind of corn is Cuervo?

TandJ
11-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Welcome to the board, this is certainly the board to get to when you have a corn snake question. This is as far as I am concerned the leading and pretty much the only board on the www dedicated to just corns. Here you will the peoples, people of corns. Welcome aboard, and let us know some more about your corn, as there is no really ugly corns..
Regards

Chalk
11-26-2005, 03:13 AM
Honestly Im still quite clueless, Iknow there are many different morphs of corns, but I have no idea which one I've got, I bought him at a reptile expo but was so excited with all the Reps around me I completely forgot to ask the dude what kiind of corn he is, I did however ask if it was a male or female.

Zopit

ghosthousecorns
11-26-2005, 11:43 AM
What does he look like? If you describe him or can post a pic someone on here will probably know or you could browse through serpenco or south mountain reptiles site and look at their pictures to try and tell that way.

Chalk
12-03-2005, 04:41 AM
What does he look like? If you describe him or can post a pic someone on here will probably know or you could browse through serpenco or south mountain reptiles site and look at their pictures to try and tell that way.

Ok I've been looking around on this site and if you look at Khaman's profile, the pic under the user name, the corn on the right looks a heck of a lot like Cuervo. Only the marking on his head looks just like the letter "C" but in a diamond shape, hence the name Cuervo. When I got him I asked him what he wanted as a name and he looked up at me as if to say:"You Idiot, its quite obvious!" Needless to say my cousin and I got rather hamerred that night and we decided on Cuervo, because our fav shooter is Cuervo Gold tequila!!!
Anyway if anyone can tell me what kind of corn that is on Khaman's profile, I'd appreciate it. At least we can put an end to Cuervo's identity crisis.

CornCrazy
12-03-2005, 06:15 AM
Chalk, based on the info in this (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=212140&posted=1#post212140) thread, your corn snake would be considered a normal.

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

MindUtopia
12-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey Chalk,

I just posted the same thing in Tobie's thread above, but I wanted to say hi to you since you are also from South Africa. I am American, but have studied and worked in South Africa several times over the past few years, including at the University of Pretoria. I'll also be back this summer working at UCT. Small world, huh? Welcome!

Take care,
Karen

Chalk
12-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Hey Chalk,

I just posted the same thing in Tobie's thread above, but I wanted to say hi to you since you are also from South Africa. I am American, but have studied and worked in South Africa several times over the past few years, including at the University of Pretoria. I'll also be back this summer working at UCT. Small world, huh? Welcome!

Take care,
Karen

Small world yeah, Thanks
Big up