PDA

View Full Version : Feeding after a shed

Feeding after a shed

hockey9934
12-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Vector ate about a week ago and since then he washoled up in hios repti- shelter. He just shed and is now out and active. I figure he is hungry.

Is it ok to feed right after a shed? Is there a certain amount of time you shoukld wait after a shed before feeding.

Lennycorn
12-03-2005, 08:52 PM
I feed during the shed process. Some snakes eat some don't.You will find out if your's will.

Good Luck

Cornylover2
12-03-2005, 10:00 PM
All that work he just did??? He deserves a frozen micey treat. Mine eat on a regular schedule, regardless of whether in shed or not. There is no set amount of time you have to wait after a shed.

MegF.
12-04-2005, 12:14 AM
I usually try to feed during shed. If they eat they do, if not I wait until the next feed period so that all the snakes are on the same schedule. As stated above, there's no problem with feeding right after a shed, but if you want to stay on your same schedule, you can just wait until he's due.

BeckyG
12-04-2005, 09:51 AM
I feed mine on their scheduled feeding day whether they are in shed or not. If they refuse to eat, I wait until their next scheduled feeding day. And I have to agree with what's already been said, there's nothing wrong with feeding right after a shed.

hockey9934
12-04-2005, 02:48 PM
We fed him and he took no time before scarfing it down. Thanks