PDA

View Full Version : so funny

so funny

akatabby
09-11-2002, 11:45 AM
Last night my husband was looking through the aquarium at my, I mean my son's snake ;) , and my husband moved his head from side to side a few times and the little bugger struck at him! Thank goodness he didn't hit his face on the glass. It was so funny looking. Here's this little snake and he was like "back off man, I'll kick your butt"! Jeff, the snake, has never been aggressive. I guess my hubby just freaked him out. My husband felt kinda bad about scaring him. Guess he won't do that silly head bobbing thing any more :p

mikeradie
09-17-2002, 02:37 AM
The snake may have been thinking your husband was sizing him up as prey:eek:

Simon
09-17-2002, 01:01 PM
I would guess that the little bugger was scared to death.....I mean if it was you in there and this huge weird looking thing starts to move in front of you, you wouldn't know what to do except strike......

I don't like doing that to my corns either.....I would just grab them and hold them until they are calm again..

Jimmy C.
09-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Hey Simon, I dont think "grabbing" them and holding them would calm them down.:D
Jimmy C.

Simon
09-17-2002, 07:26 PM
well all of mine works that way......they don't bite me anymore.....
and infact from what I think is that the quicker you are the saver you are......for the corn snakes...that is...LOL...

dartguy
09-20-2002, 01:53 AM
when I go to pick up one of my corns, I make a fist and slowly move it towards the animal so he can smell me. As soon as they realize I'm not food I can pick them up easily. :D

absolutneil
09-26-2002, 01:44 PM
i must agree. If the snake is nervous I always just reach in and grab them. This always calms them down pretty quick. I don't know if they fell secure when you hold them or if they don't like people/things hovering above them.