PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, my fellow reptile addicted people!

Greetings, my fellow reptile addicted people!

kenny_boy019
12-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Gabe, and my wife and I are the prowd cartakers of 1 8 year old corn (No name), and 2 beardies age 8 months (Calvin) and 2 years (Hobbes).

My corn I got for my 16th birthday, and I belive that I got allot of bad info at the time. I have corrected my errors, but I belive it has left them perminantly stunted at about 4.5 feet. :shrugs: Im not sure on the exact morph, but his colors are orenge and BRIGHT red with no black. He has become a bit of a handfull lately, but thats for another thread.

Calvin the beardie I got at 1 month and I did my research beforehand this time. He's at 16 inches and is still growing although I belive him to have come from a somwhat weak genetic backround so he wont get much bigger.

Hobbes is a rescue beardie. He is 2 years old and if his tail was normal he would be about the same size as Calvin. As it is he is only 11 inches long. He was kept in a 10 gallon tank with no UVB and fed nothing but mealworms his whole life. He developed MBD at some point and it caused his tail to fracture in 4 places so it is only about 4 inches long. He is thriving under my care and has grown 3 inches since I got him! Not bad for a 2 year old lizard :cheers:

So yes, those are my reptile pets. Lets not even talk about the rabbit, 2 cats and 4 fish and 2 frogs or 10 frogs if you count the ones that gather around our porch light :P

SnakeAround
12-11-2005, 07:22 PM
A little late, but welcome!

I can assure you that 4,5 feet fo ra pure corn is something to be really proud of, and not something to worry about! 4 feet already is a very good length you know.... I would love to see my corns grow to 4,5 feet.... :crazy02:
Do you have any pics?

kenny_boy019
12-12-2005, 04:00 AM
Eh, only a few days late. :P

Yea, I posted some pics in the photo forum.

CornCrazy
12-12-2005, 04:09 AM
I didn't see your thread until now. You didn't get a very warm welcome, did you? I apologize for that. We are usually quite good at welcoming the newcomers!

So...WELCOME TO THE FORUM! We are glad to have you!

Your snake sounds like it is an amelanistic (meaning without melanin). That's a fancy word for saying that he's missing his black pigment, huh? :)

kenny_boy019
12-12-2005, 04:22 AM
Oops, I said he was 4.5 feet. Its more like 3.5.

Still not bad I guess. :P

SnakeAround
12-16-2005, 06:48 AM
tnx for the rep. point, took little time to post!