PDA

View Full Version : Bobo's First Regurge

Bobo's First Regurge

Bobo's Mama
12-08-2005, 10:22 AM
This isn't really a question, I just want to pout about Bobo's regurge. I feel so guilty. He's always been such a good eater and has never had any feeding problems before. He's generally not picky about anything. He'll eat anything, anywhere.

I woke up this morning and went to check on him and there it was in his water bowl. It didn't smell, but I think that's because it hadn't dried up obviously. It looked like it was just the skin of the lower portion of his rat. I could see the legs and tail and from there on up it was just skin.

I fed him a large f/t rat pinky on Sunday, in a seperate container, dusted with supplements, and also with cuts in the back. He's on aspen, with three hides and a water dish in a 10 gallon. The heat is 82 on the warm side and 73 on the warm side.

I just can't stop thinking about how much I HATE puking, and to imagine my poor little Bobo having to go through that, I feel horrible.

I do think I know what caused it. I had him out last night and handled him quite a bit. But the weird thing is, I usually do handle him 2 days after he eats and have never had a problem before. He didn't have a lump anymore and had already had a big poop.

I know about the 10-day rule, and I'm thinking about ordering some Nutri-bac. Anybody want to share their first-time regurge stories, feel free.

Bobo's Mama
12-08-2005, 10:23 AM
I meant 73 on the cold side. :rolleyes: Really should get one of those shiny things.

Gintha
12-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Hunter got stuck to some glue, poor little guy was so stressed up came the mice he had eaten the night before ~,~ I phoned the herp vet (yes, I found one.. hes 4 hours away tho ~.~) and he suggested trying again with a small meal 7 days later, as we knew it was a stress related regurge. I gave him the tiniest fuzzy I had ever seen 7 days after his regurge and he gobbled it up and looked for more hehe. Now he eats his fuzzy every 5 days, and hasn't ever regurged again =) Now if only I could get Treasure to eat at all LOL.

Pinklady
12-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Drake regurged 10 days ago now.. Ready for another feed today.
It was his first fuzzy so figure that's what caused it. We're going to put him back on pinkys for a while.
He has lost some weight since regurging-he's back down to 14g.
Keep your fingers crossed he'll keep tomorrows pinky down.
It's awful to think your baby has been so uncomfortable he's puked.
Drake seems back to normal now, and seems desparate to come out his tank! When he wants out we open the top and he shoots out as fast as he can! He's been trying to get to the top the last couple of days but we're waiting till he's kept the next pinky down for a few days before we handle him again.
He's back to going frantic when he smells chicken and bacon cooking which he had ignored for a few days after regurging. :crazy02:

Roy Munson
12-09-2005, 08:32 PM
I beat myself up for it too when it happens, but you know what? It happens.

It's happened to some of my best growers, and then again, I have slow growers that have never regurged. Sometimes there's a good explanation for it (e.g. bump in food size; going into blue), and sometimes there isn't.

I'll tell you what though, I had a couple of sensitive-stomached hatchlings, and the Nutri-bac has straightened them right out. I supplement all f/t feedings with Nutri-bac now.

Cornylover2
12-13-2005, 01:31 PM
I know now how everybody feels about regurges. Funny how you don't think about it until it happens to you. I brought a new little gal home about a week and a half ago. Owner said she was due to eat any day. This little girl is only 9 inches long. So I found the tiniest pinky. Ate the day after we brought her home, no problem. Ate for the 2nd time 5 days later, I was thinking the pinky was too big, but she ate it with no problem, no regurge. Well, we fed her again on Sunday and I came home from work Monday to find the whole pinky just outside of her hide. I just feel so awful and now have done a thorough search on regurges to prevent it from happening again. Funny how no 2 snakes are alike. Rodgie is about 5 months old now, we've had him for 4 months and he is the most docile snake compared to the new one. Have never had any problems and because of that, decided to get another snake (cuz you can't have just one!!).