PDA

View Full Version : Shedding question; or rather, lack there of...

Shedding question; or rather, lack there of...

PssdffJay
12-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Hey everyone, im back... not that many of you might remember me lol. I just finished a 5 month contract that was hella crazy, 12 hours a day every day, thats right... 84 hours a week and no time off!! :blowup: <--- Thats what I felt like at the end of it...

Anyway onto my question, I got Nagini in July and she shed in her first month, then again in her second month and hasnt shed since, even with my hectic schedual the way it was, i was still feeding regularly and she is still on fairly large pinkies, but i just realized she hasnt shed in a long time. I remember something about shedding being related to growth, but for her not to shed for almost 4 months now... has any one else had that problem?

She has definitly grown a little since the last time i checked but i didnt have the time to track length and weight while i was on contract so i am really in the dark right now. No problems feeding, she always ate so i was just checking in to see if anybody has any answers.

Its good to be back and have free time and i look forward to being able to participate at this forum again, until my next contract... :headbang:

Thanks everyone. Jay!

MegF.
12-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Do you have any size and weight from the last shed? You could reweigh and size now and see how much she's put on. It's fairly unusual for a young snake like yours not to shed every month. Perhaps there are hidden sheds in the substrate?

PssdffJay
12-10-2005, 10:45 AM
I will weigh her before i feed her again. I clean out all the aspen every week, but it could be possible that there were sheds hidden when i cleaned it out.

MegF.
12-10-2005, 11:40 AM
I will weigh her before i feed her again. I clean out all the aspen every week, but it could be possible that there were sheds hidden when i cleaned it out.
Wow! All of it every week! I do that about every month or so. Just spot clean daily. You are ambitious!

raiders3521
12-10-2005, 02:30 PM
my corn did the same thing: sheds slowed down for a while, I'd say 3 months in between? I think it was last winter, so maybe something to do with the temps or time of year? Then things picked up again, and now he sheds every 1-2 months...

PssdffJay
12-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Wow! All of it every week! I do that about every month or so. Just spot clean daily. You are ambitious!

Sorry, busy with christmas, grandparents live out of town so I havent been home.

Yeah, every week, my tank is small untill i get a stand for my big 50gal. So it really isnt a lot of shavings.

Oh and about the day after my original post in this thread, she went blue and shed a few days later. But she is still rather small still. But we'll see when the next shed is.