PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Snake-Lover

Newbie Snake-Lover

Hayzil
12-14-2005, 03:03 AM
Hey all, am new here, obviously. ;)
I have recently fallen in love with snakes (it happened so suddenly that my family is still sort of confused about it!) and I have just convinced my roomie to allow me to get a hatchling cornsnake all to myself!

So just wanted to introduce myself and perhaps get an answer for a few questions since I am still in the 'research' stage (I'll be gettin' that Love book as soon as possible!) I was wondering, I prefer buying a hatchling in order to experience the growth and surprise that comes with ever-changing hatchlings, and I think I've decided on the Pink and Green snow. However, is it possible to force or fool a snake into breeding early and thus find hatchlings year round or do I really have to wait until next July?

Golden
12-14-2005, 03:19 AM
Hello and welcome.

I got my hatchling recently after showing interest for a few months. A real joy to have.

Hm, not sure really how to answer that question. But, I know if you can find a good pet store they have some hatchlings, I found mine at a pet store where they actually knew how to care for corns. Thus, allowing my parents to let me get it sooner.

Hayzil
12-14-2005, 04:11 AM
Oh so there are still newly hatched corn snakes? Meaning less than three months old? Nice. I'll try to find some reptile stores around me and check it out. Thanks!