PDA

View Full Version : New red albino.

New red albino.

Makchell
12-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Just picked him/her up on Friday. He is about 6" long and the last time he ate was 12/11/05. He is very active and his tongue lashes when I picked him up at the store. I offered a pinkie yesterday and he hasn't touched it. He is now in his cave and the mouse is in front of the opening. When do you think he will eat? Should I be concerned? Thanks, Anthony

Muggle
12-19-2005, 02:46 AM
It may just be to soon. If he/she isn't settled in yet he/she may not eat. I wouldn't be consurned yet. They can go a few months without food. :) Good luck!

2i2_D3gr33s
12-19-2005, 04:20 PM
What worked for me was waiting a week, and then using a deli cup. I tried in the viv, and in a bigger enclosure, and he paid no attention to the pinkie, then someone here suggested trying a few days later, right before bed, in a small deli cup. They also suggested leaving him overnight with the pinkie, except I didn't have to.....he ate it in the first few minutes.

stcktnkid
12-20-2005, 11:59 PM
If the pinkie dies or is already dead, you can try cutting his head open with a knife. Thats what i did to get mine to eat. I held the snake and was kinda placing him down head first towards the pinkie so he would like see it and as he got close he smelled it and instantly grabbed it and thats what i do now and he is not shy at all eatting around me. My buddy who also bought one from the same litter as me did the same thing with same results. Cutt the pinkies head open and the offer it to the snake...it might work.

Makchell
12-21-2005, 08:22 AM
The pinkie did die. I threw him out. I waited two days and introduced another one at night. This morning, he has a nice bulge in his belly. I'm really excited! How often should I feed him?

2i2_D3gr33s
12-21-2005, 05:38 PM
You'll get a ton of different responses on this one, but I personally feed pinkies every five days, and everytime I move up a size in food, I also increase the intervals by a day. Most people will tell you once a week or so.

Makchell
12-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Every five days sounds good. I will try again next Monday, that will be six days. I would think babies need to eat! LOL!

mbdorfer
12-21-2005, 06:24 PM
5-7 days is fine. Where'd you get him?

Makchell
12-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Pet-safari.

mbdorfer
12-22-2005, 05:27 AM
Pet-safari.
Good for you, they have a good staff there. All my snakes purchased from them are doing well :cheers: