PDA

View Full Version : Regurg

Regurg

Golden
12-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Az regurged today. I honestly have no idea what is wrong, I looked at everything, checked the temperatures and I can't find out what went wrong.

I fed him Sunday night, a day off from his previous schedule because we couldn't get any pinkies. I warmed up the pinky to a good tempurature and he ate it just fine. He lounged around in his viv after that, on the warm side which is 85 degrees. Today, I found him lounging around on the cool side which is 73 degrees. I woke up at 9 from a nap and found the pinky.

It's bottom was missing and it's the only part that got digested I'm guessing. I looked around and didn't find that piece of the pinky.

It's my first time feeding him and the pet store said he was feeding fine.

Does anyone know what I can do for next time? And when should I try feeding him again? :cry:

Golden
12-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Spelled regurge wrong.

Gintha
12-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Make sure you wait 10 days before you feed him again, so his stomache can get back to normal. Was he held at all after he ate? I know that holding them, or having them get stressed out can cause a regurge. Also, how long have you had him? How old is he?

Golden
12-20-2005, 11:14 AM
I made sure he wasn't held or touched, I told my family everything after that. I've had him for a week now, and, they didn't tell us how old he was when we bought him. I'm guessing about a few months.

Will
12-20-2005, 02:43 PM
i dont no how big your snake is but possibly the pinkie was too big for it. Mine regurged when the pinkie was too big for it. just a suggestion.

jzal8
12-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Waiting ten days is huge. It sounds like your temps are fine.

I just got over 3 of my corns regurging almost every feeding in by doing two things. First from the suggestion of many people, I now cut all mice that I feed with a razor, just enough to open the layer of skin and allow the snake to get its digestive juices inside the mouse faster. The second thing I did was dip the mice I feed to those susceptible to regurges in nutribac. You can get this from Kathy Loves site (http://cornutopia.com/) for like 10 bucks total. It is supposed to replace important bacteria in reptiles' stomachs, which helps aide digestion.

Not sure which thing had the greater effect, but considering they are now digesting their meals, i dont care either haha. Good luck :)