PDA

View Full Version : aspen bedding ok?

aspen bedding ok?

raiders3521
12-20-2005, 12:35 PM
I'm a fairly new snake owner...just changed the bedding for the first time....is aspen bedding ok? I've noticed the snake burrows under it now, which he never did with the old stufff (though I don't know what that was)...is this normal?

corny_gurl333
12-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Totally normal! Aspen is actually what a lot of people prefer. Snakes love to burrow, and if you give them something that they CAN burrow in, they will. Don't however use cedar...or anything else...just stick to aspen or paper towels....
Have fun being a snake owner!
Mwah!

shrimply
12-20-2005, 12:51 PM
I use beech chips which are also perfectly safe. And both my corns burrow at night although they don't hide in it during the day. I found a tunnel going underneath the very heavy water bowl this morning. Stupid snake.

stcktnkid
12-20-2005, 11:54 PM
i saw this stuff at the pet store near me. the owner put alot of his corn snakes on this white stuff. it looked like white puffy things. it looked really nice, but wasnt sure if it was good for the snake or not. he also had some on the aspen but this looked really cool and different. anyone know what i am talking about?

marky-b
12-24-2005, 04:56 PM
What does Beech Chip Bedding look like? Just in case my local petstore runs out of Aspen shavings.

That white stuff that stcktnkid saw is probably synthetic agricultural pumice (I forgot the name).

shrimply
12-26-2005, 12:24 PM
This is the best pic I have got on my computer.
And before anyone asks, yes the snake is putting her shed back on.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/shrimply/e4295d73.jpg