PDA

View Full Version : Something's wrong with Az...

Something's wrong with Az...

Golden
12-25-2005, 08:38 PM
I haven't been handling him like said for regurges. I just decided to check on him today and saw him in one spot. Which is a rather normal thing with him. But, I came back a few hours later and found that he hadn't moved. Again, slightly normal. Another few hours rolled by and he was in the same spot. He hadn't moved at all.

I decided to pick him up and see if he was alright, he didn't move. I stayed still for a few moments and he moved slightly, but very very weakly. I placed him back down, and he continued to stay there. Now, a few hours later and he hasn't moved. Or breathed since I've seen him. I can't find out what is wrong with him and I checked if he had water and everything. I've been making sure he had water every day. My friend who has corns suggested lightly spraying him with a bit of mist. I tried that and just nothing seems to be helping...

Can anyone tell me what's wrong and what I should do? I've been looking and can't find a thing.

PtDnsr
12-25-2005, 08:50 PM
When was the last time he ate? If he's that weak it's possible I believe that he could be dehydrated. Fill a small container with a small bit of water and soak for a few minutes. Do a search though because I have never done this and have only read it on the forums (and I know my directions aren't clear). Make sure the water isn't too cold. Another option is to dunk his head in the water. I've found that one of my hatchlings will curl up directly by the water dish (which is on the edge of his cage) and yet gulp like mad when I show it to him weekly. Other than that I'm not sure - hopefully some of the others will chime in. Good luck.

~Katie

SnakeAround
12-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Most be awful, good luck! I have no experience in this...

ratsncorns
12-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Maybe a vet visit is in order... sounds serious...

Golden
12-25-2005, 09:40 PM
The last time he ate was the 10th.

He regurged his food on the 19th.

I'll try to take him to the vet if we can, but, I don't know if there is any hope for him and my parents don't want to waste money if we're going to be told he's going to die...

Golden
12-25-2005, 09:47 PM
He died... Azzy died...

babbaloo99
12-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Aw, I am really sorry. There probably wasn't much you could have done. Although you can't really replace a pet, I hope you decide to get another one.

Golden
12-25-2005, 10:08 PM
I know, I tried... I'm going to get another one though and make sure nothing goes wrong with this one.

MegF.
12-29-2005, 12:28 AM
Very sorry to hear about your snake dying. Make sure you thoroughly clean the viv before placing another snake in it, just in case it was a disease of some sort.

Preita
12-29-2005, 04:24 PM
I know, I tried... I'm going to get another one though and make sure nothing goes wrong with this one.

My husband had a lot of trouble with his first corn snake (an adult snow) which almost scared us off of them. But we bought a little boy from SMR & he's a pig & so healthy. We learned that even if you buy it from a reptile store, its always best from a breeder.

I'm sorry for your loss :( I wish you best of luck.