• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

regurgetated pinky

jazn

my snake threw up it's pinky that i fed it =(, is my snake sick?....was the pinky too big? is my snake still hungry? if so, do i feed him again? cuz i hear he allreadi got his nutrients even if he did throw up the pinky....ugh im worried.

The best thing to do is to either visit the FAQ in this section or to do a search. You'll want to wait 10 days before feeding again and feed a smaller food item. Since your snake is new don't handle him for a while until you get him on an established feeding schedule IMO. Good luck.

~Katie

DEFINITELY DON'T feed a snake that has regurged until a fast of 10 days. When the snake regurges it also looses the essential bacteria and such that help digest its food so you have to wait till these important items replenish themselves in the gut, otherwise your snake will only regurge the meal again and again and it will die.

Your snake may look hungry and act like it wants to eat and will more than likely take the food readily but it will not hold it down. Wait 10 days and feed it only a small portion of its normal feeding. If it is eating a pinky, than just give it a pinky head. Wait another 7 - 10 days, IF the snake held down this meal then repeat the pinky head feeding. Wait another 7 - 10 days and if that meal stays down then feed the pinky body left over from the head feeding. If that stays down then I go to 5 days and feed the other pinky body. If all is still well then I go back to the regular 4 -5 day span of pinky feedings.

It is also very important to remember not to handle the snake at all during this period of getting it back on track. And, never hold your snake after any feedings for at least 48 hours.

The one thing you are going to have to try and figure out is why the regurge happened in the first place so it won't happen again. Make sure your temperatures are correct - and I don't mean just ambient temps either, I also mean the temp under the hide in/on the substrate, make sure there are proper hides placed in warm and cool sides of tank/container. It is important that the cause of the regurge is removed as working to get the snake back into a good eating mode will not work if the problem still exists.

Good luck.

You might also try dusting the pinky head with nutribac powder. You can order it off of Kathy Love's site. She swears by it, and I know a lot of other people really like it.

Back