PDA

View Full Version : Big Problem

Big Problem

Cornelious
09-14-2002, 05:51 PM
I have tried everythin i can think of and it still wont work. I posted a message a few days ago describing all the methods i used to try and get my baby corn eating. I tried leaving live and dead mice with the snake iver tried lizard scents ive tried braining pinkys and they all didnt work. When i posted the old message people told me to leave the snake alone for a few days then try puting the snake in a paper bag with a wam brained pinky. I tried this method last night but when i woke up this morning and checked the pinky was still there. When i was trying to get the snake out of the bag i put my hand in it tried to bite me twice. So i tried holding the pinky and putting my hand in so if it tried to strike it would get the pinky. This didnt work either, so if anyone know any other methods i could try please let me know because im starting to get worried.

Thanks

SilentNeko
09-14-2002, 05:57 PM
how old is he, if its only a month old it may not be time yet, some of my snakes have taken up to 2-3 months, don't freak out, if its healthy eventually it will get hungry, just keep doing the braining metheod every 3 days

Neil
09-14-2002, 06:19 PM
Maybe you could try offering just the head of a pinkie.

bmm
09-14-2002, 07:19 PM
That's a good idea. Try cutting off a head when the pinkie is frozen and offering that. They will normally take this easily. And try in the bag again like you were. It sometimes works better than feeding in something more open.

bmm

Cornelious
09-14-2002, 08:14 PM
Thanx for the new advice i guess i just gotta keep trying and wait a little longer. And about its age the guy said it was about a week old when i bought hime and ive had hime for a 2 weeks and 1 day so he is still under a month. I also heard increasing the humidity might help, is this true? if it is true then what could i use to make the humidity in a paper bag higher?

Iris
09-14-2002, 11:14 PM
you have nothing to be worried about. I had a hatchling who refused to eat for the first 5 weeks of its life and now it is one of my most aggressive feeders.
Keep trying different methods with a couple days of rest in between each attempt.
Good luck

Alicia
09-14-2002, 11:32 PM
Another method you might try is scenting the feeding container with mouse bedding. If you don't have your own mice go ask the pet store if you can have some bedding from their mouse cage. Put some of the bedding in the container you feed in and let it sit awhile. Take it out just before feeding time, add the pinkie and the snake then wait. The idea is to get a good mouse scent in the feeding container and hopefully entice the reluctant feeder to eat:) Good luck.

dartguy
09-15-2002, 01:01 AM
the advice about offering the head only of a pinky is very effective - I've read it several times but just decided to try it today - I tried all other suggested methods to no avail - my hatchling was born on 7-30 and ate only once (on its own) since - I happened to have a pinky die on the way home today so I didn't fee; so bad cutting off the head - 15 min later no head and a satisfied snow :D :D :D :D

PSYCOSNAKEMOM
09-20-2002, 04:10 PM
I see that your on...how is the feeding going? Did you read about the driving in the car to get them to feed? Sam ~~~~~~~:~