PDA

View Full Version : Mice forever?

Mice forever?

Danny232
12-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Will my cornsnake get big enough to eat a full sized rat? would that be too much? If not whould I ever need to feed two mice? How do i know when to feed him what? He eats one full grown mouse every week, never has a bad shed, has never refused food and rarely gets aggressive. Will send some pics of him... I beleive he is an amelnistic (I beleive thats spelled wrong lol). Thnx for taking the time to hep.

Danny232
12-31-2005, 04:37 PM
I would also like to know how to stun a mouse in an effective way that wouldnt make a mess. thnx again!

losmetros
12-31-2005, 04:53 PM
take the mouse by it's tail and slam it against your wrist or the back of your hand

MegF.
12-31-2005, 05:41 PM
I have a 4 ft. amel that eats small rats. I feed two food items if the snake is about to move up in size for one or two feedings, then I move to one of the next larger size. It sounds as if you're doing everything correctly, so I wouldn't worry about it. If your snake is eating one food item, and continues to search for food afterward (for more than 5 minutes), or if it's out the next day searching for food, I would say it needs a larger sized food item. Some will search for food right after eating, but usually after a few minutes, they will head into a hide to digest.

BeckyG
12-31-2005, 05:46 PM
take the mouse by it's tail and slam it against your wrist or the back of your hand

A table works too, and you doesn't hurt your hand.

PtDnsr
12-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Or you can always feed f/t.

~Katie

MegF.
12-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Frozen thawed works for me, that's for sure!

bigaaron17
12-31-2005, 08:54 PM
:eek1: il stick to my bag and the wall