PDA

View Full Version : Hasn't eaten since 20th August, Getting a bit worried now.

Hasn't eaten since 20th August, Getting a bit worried now.

ERJ
09-15-2002, 01:16 PM
To start with i'm not talking about a corn but a Japanese ratsnake, all my other posts have been about corns as i have one. the reason i am asking you is because i believe there are far more knowlagable people in these forums and other ratsnake ones haven't given me any suggestions. Plus i think this is a general snake problem. thanks
Anyway my 9-14 month old Japanese ratsnake hasn't eaten for a month and he has only ever not eaten before. when he did before i squeezed the head of a mouse until some brain fluid came out and he eat one (after 3 weeks) then a week and a bit later he shedded and carried on eating as normal. there is no sign of a comin shed yet and the last time he shed was almost 2 months ago (he normally wouls shed around now but if he hasn't eaten much then he won't of got much bigger to need to.
If anyone has any suggestions then i would be very grateful.

haya
09-15-2002, 01:42 PM
Maybe you should put the snake in a paper bag with the mouse and put the snake in a quiet place for awhile and see what happens. You might want too brain the mouse.

haya

Jr Nimeskern
09-16-2002, 11:18 PM
You should feed live mice... I dont know if you are doing that now... but one of my problem feeders will not and I mean will not eat a f/t pinky for anything I tried all the tricks in the book... but when I pop in that one live pinky... you would of never thought that she was a problem feeder... sometimes live is neccisary to keep your corn or jap ratsnake alive!