PDA

View Full Version : Still not eating

Still not eating

niblet1
01-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Hi. My baby corn still hasn't eaten any thing. Lady at the store said he was eating pinkies fine there. What can I do. Will he eat eventually? He should be used to his viv. by now! Why won't he eat here for me?

PtDnsr
01-01-2006, 09:31 PM
First of all, relax. Snakes, even young hatchlings can go a while without food. When was the last time your snake ate? When did it come home with you? What are the viv conditions like and has anything changed (even a cold spell outside or something)? There are many, many things to consider and many tricks that can be used. You can try warming the pink up or leaving your snake overnight. Putting it in a paper bag (in a deli cup) to simulate darkness or even braining the pink. Sometimes they just won't eat for a week for no apparent reason and will go back to eating fine the next week. The more information you give us the easier it will be to help. If it's only been a week without food I wouldn't worry though.

~Katie

niblet1
01-02-2006, 09:09 PM
The snake ate the week before Christmas and hasn't eaten since, no matter what I do. Help!

Lennycorn
01-02-2006, 09:22 PM
For a start, can you answer any of Katie questions. And did you let the snake settle in a bit, three to six day of no handling to get settle in. It might be too stress out to eat. Did you try to feed at night in a small container in a dim room. Let it chill for a bit and just give it fresh water and keep us posted.

Good Luck :cheers:

MegF.
01-03-2006, 11:58 PM
That's only about 10 days ago. I would definitely calm down. The snake may be due to shed, and I have some in my bunch that won't eat for sometimes 2 weeks before they shed. Find out when the snake last shed (if they know) and just try again when you are due to feed. Don't offer food too often, and if it won't eat in a seperate container, you can always put paper in the viv and try feeding in there. You can just put the pinky right outside the hide they are in after it gets dark. They almost always will take it from there. I did that with two of mine which were too nervous to eat in the feeder boxes. After a while, they ate fine without leaving them in the viv and I put the aspen back in for them and fed them like the others.